Dogomania

SOS to find what breed it his

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hello
i need your help to find what breed is my friend's dog
[img]http://www.ifrance.com/talaan-boxer/photosboxer/talaan/photo2/megane.jpg[/img]
it's a femelle, born in Canada
thank for any help
marie

ROFL Oh my gosh...I thought you were blind AND nuts! I scrolled down and that boxer pic loaded first, and so I was reading your response and looking at the boxer!! LOL then I saw the other pic!

I agree...it appears Sheperd (although what kind...?) and some sort of Basenji type. With mixes though it's really all a guessing game! I know a lady in rescue who makes up the greatest names for all her unknowns...like Tanzanian Tree Dog or Ukranian Duck Hound etc. Although hers are more creative!!

Guest Anonymous

Hi, I am new here, hope welcomed.
I am some opinion on talaan's friend's dog, it should be a mix breed with no doult, it seems a bit german shepherd but more Belgium to me, but it is more slimmer than those 2, will it be possible that it is mixed with some local breed?

:hmmmm:

I'm at a loss. Definately looks like Shepard, possibly Malinois with that long nose, big ears and head, but hair is way toooo short. Maybe German Pinscher and short-haired German Shepard. I would guess that even though it looks like Pharoah or Ibizan mixed in, I would think those breeders would be extra careful about letting them cross-breed, although accidents do happen. I think I would just go with short-haired German Shepard mix.

:angel:

Definitely some GSD and/or Belgian Malinois. Some of them do have whacko ears like that! :lol: Don't know what else though. I have to say that I find some of the guesses on here really amusing because of the rarity of the breeds involved! I don't mean that in a bad way, please don't be offended. It's just that there aren't a whole lot of those rare breeds out there, running around propigating uncontrolably! Most breeders of those rare breeds are very careful, reputable breeders.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

I agree with the GSD but has anyone considered an australian cattle dog? Not an Autralian shepard but the cattle dog. They have the ears like that. I recently adopted a rescued dog that is blue heeler mix and she is also dificult to figure out what the other breed might be. But she looks almost just like that dog except for the long nose.