Dogomania

Lactation

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

When should a bitch be full and ready to feed the pups?

As most of you know, my sister's lab might be pregnant. If she is, she's due tomorrow or Wednesday. Her back two teets have filled with milk, and the next set up are somewhat full but have not changed since last Wednesday (1/1). She can not squeeze any milk out at this time.

Should she already be filled and ready to go???

Gigi, sometimes the bitch will not let down her milk until after the pups are whelped. She will lick her teats, then lick the pups. This stimulates the milk let down and aids the pups to know where to nurse. Hormones play an important role in this also.

Some bitches will drip milk the day of whelp, some will not. Some will drip 24 hrs prior to whelping.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Hobbit']Yep, can hardly wait![/quote]

ME NEITHER!!!! [size=1]And as my disclaimer, I want there to be NO pups due to the factor that this was NOT planned and the parents have NOT been tested, but in a way I do want pups just cuz they are puppies![/size]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='gigishiba']It's OK Mentor. You can reply to this, you really can. :lol:[/quote]

OK.

Now I see your reply.

:oops:

I am ashamed.

Guest Anonymous

[u][b][color=red]HORSEFEATHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color][/b][/u]

[color=blue][size=7]I NEED A DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/color]

[size=2]PLEASE?[/size]

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='roo']Has her tummy dropped yet?
No....but her rib cage has gotten larger and has dropped, sister thinks it looks saggy.
what do her bits look like?[/quote]
Her bits...that's cute! They look like Maddy's which are FAT, but feel a lot different.

[quote name='gigishiba'][u][b][color=red]HORSEFEATHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color][/b][/u]

[color=blue][size=7]I NEED A DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/color]

[size=2]PLEASE?[/size][/quote]

Let me, uh, constipate on it a while and I'll get back to you...
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0bADeAnIiq3XnivysMcyTuR3r8WPJGT2D3aFSS54xpZzkpvzocCpRI8mubOODJQ6YzqzPpMVGwtnSqXpVifyDd3GnjToKtr13ZjKcvTLznnumfm4TXc8*8ln!LNp969HI14JWCmR7af*MX45DF0kSpnn!exyYKpDE/digging-in-ear-man.gif?dc=4675404330500855977[/img]

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the info, but we think it's not a pregnancy (thankfully, since it wasn't planned). She was due either tues or wed and it's friday with nothing unusual.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Hobbit']That's a relief.....unless......she was bred at a time that they didn't see..... :o , ...um....if they are curly puppies --- it's those RARE Labradoodles![/quote]

:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You might consider having her x-rayed. If there are only one or two puppies they might not give off enough signaling hormone to trigger her into labor. Or they might have died in utero...If either of the above occured, the consequences can be serious unless delt with.