Dogomania

discipline for bulldogs & pitbulls if they get into a fi

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I HAVE A PITBULL AND AMERICAN BULLDOG RESCUE WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO DISCIPLINE YOUR 2 BULLDOGS THAT HAD GANGED UP ON 1 PITBULL THAT WAS TIED UP THEY WERE MEAN TO HIM JUST TO BE BULLIES I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW PEOPLE WITH THE SAME BREED OF DOGS WOULD LET THEIR DOG KNOW THAT THEY HAVE BEEN BAD AND THAT IS NOT TOLERATED!!!!! HELP IF YOU CAN

WHAT I DID IS GRABBED MY 1 YR 87LB AMERICAN BULLDOG SPANKED HIM 3 TIMES ON THE BUTT WITH A SPANKIN STICK PULLED HIM UP BY HIS COLLAR HIS FRONT FEET OFF THE GROUND MADE HIM WALK ON HIS BACK FEET TOOK HIM TO THE AIRLINE KENNEL FOR TIMEOUT WHAT DO YOU THINK???[/b]

[quote name='"Aroura"']I doubt he's serious, but if he is he needs some serious educating.
Preventions better than cure, read the signs and stop the dogs BEFORE they're at each others throughts.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Well I have to say i don't think that your punishment was over excesive. As previousley stated keeping your dog away from that sisuation is preferable to punishment. But I must also say their are times that physical punishment is called for "especially with a large dog breed"'
And 3 spanks on the but and a time out sounds like it will get the point across with out any physical harm. But i advise never leaving your dogs unattended when they are together, they need your supervision or things like this will happen again, no matter how much punishment you use!

Regards,
Goblin.

Um, don't you all do what I do? Set aside some quiet time, sit down with the dog who strayed from the straight and narrow, explain to them calmly and lovingly how their behaviour made me FEEL and that I know they want their mommy to always feel good so I wish they would not do it again. It may help to have flash cards or a flowchart at times, you can draw a picture of the misbehaviour using your 'bad dog' sticky photo and magic markers and then show them the desired behaviour with your 'good dog' sticky photo and magic markers.
Now of course dogs secretly DO understand EVERY SINGLE WORD we say, they are just fooling with us, giving us that blank stare, wagging their tails, grining their doggie grins.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='tuffdogs20022002']I HAVE A PITBULL AND AMERICAN BULLDOG RESCUE WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO DISCIPLINE YOUR 2 BULLDOGS THAT HAD GANGED UP ON 1 PITBULL THAT WAS TIED UP THEY WERE MEAN TO HIM JUST TO BE BULLIES I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW PEOPLE WITH THE SAME BREED OF DOGS WOULD LET THEIR DOG KNOW THAT THEY HAVE BEEN BAD AND THAT IS NOT TOLERATED!!!!! HELP IF YOU CAN

WHAT I DID IS GRABBED MY 1 YR 87LB AMERICAN BULLDOG SPANKED HIM 3 TIMES ON THE BUTT WITH A SPANKIN STICK PULLED HIM UP BY HIS COLLAR HIS FRONT FEET OFF THE GROUND MADE HIM WALK ON HIS BACK FEET TOOK HIM TO THE AIRLINE KENNEL FOR TIMEOUT WHAT DO YOU THINK???[/b][/quote]

First off if running an adequate rescue there should be NO "Pitbull tied up"..

Guest Anonymous

Hmm... Just thought I'd point out that dogs don't attack other dogs just to be bullies. They were probably being territorial, dominant, etc. Lol... They don't really have that concept down like we humans do. IMO, that's why there are a lot more nice dogs than nice humans. ;) BTW, how did your two dogs get over to the tied up pit bull, anyway? Weren't they leashed??? Personally, if this ever did happen to happen with Toby, my Doberman(even though it is VERY unlikely[never say never]seeing as he is always on leash when other dogs are around, and listens very well even if he did happen to be off leash when other dogs come up...] I would probably just tell him NO in a very harsh tone, put him on a "time-out"(as other people have already suggested)in his outside pen for a few minutes. I don't put him in down-stays, etc., because I don't want them associated with punishment. I've NEVER hit him with a "spankin stick" or anything else for that matter. I did pop him on the nose to cure the jumping problem, but that's not really the same, more like a tap. Anyway, I really hope, for the dogs' sake, that you're just trying to get some steam from us. :) Good day! :roll:

Goblin, he hits the dog with a stick. That is not acceptable punishment. An any case he should have been watching the dogs and could have prevented this from happening if he was a responsible dog owner.
I can't believe this is for real, just someone trying to get a rise out of us.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, Geeesh! Check the ISP's

To the original poster of this thread, I'd be very interested in knowing from what AB rescue you got your AB. Try copying your post from this board and forward it on to them. I know they'll have a really good solution in mind for you and your dogs.

Guest Anonymous

Oh Tuffdogs,

Without a doubt you should take Pat's suggestion!!!

[quote]To the original poster of this thread, I'd be very interested in knowing from what AB rescue you got your AB. Try copying your post from this board and forward it on to them. I know they'll have a really good solution in mind for you and your dogs.[/quote]

I am sure they have had problems such as this with AB rescuers before and have the PERFECT way to deal with such isses. :wink: Proceed with all haste....better yet call them....I'm sure they will come over and help right away.

Later,
Trinity
See my girls at [url]www.geocities.com/trinityess[/url]

Guest Anonymous

Anne,

Ya you are right I miss read the part about the stick......uugghhh
Well I dont condone hitting with a stick, I thought she just game him a spank on the rump.

Regards,
goblin

I don't get you guys at all, are you simply being bitches just for the sake of it?
Roo, all mighty one, just because your a moderater doesn't mean you can go shooting off at everyone pretending like you own the place, if you want such a power trip why don't you become a politition?
You all go on about how you don't judge people and etc etc etc yet as soon as someone comes on here with a problem that is out of control and even though they are trying their best you all gang up and make out that just because your in a better situation that they are selfish and don't know how to look after their dogs.
I was just offering some advice, and if you guys all want to be bitches about it then so be it, just because I'm the only one nice enough to give this person a chance and offer a suggestion doesn't mean you all have to mock me. What if they were telling the truth? You guys would sooner dub them a troll than help them, and you call yourself dog lovers? Your all a pack of selfish gits who think your better than everyone else.
You know its true, call it what you like but that just sums it up true and simply. :evil:

Guest Anonymous

you DON'T punish a dog for fighting. In a nutshell, it's part of what dogs do. Tying one dog up and allowing two to run free is one of the surest ways to get one. A dog that is tied (or otherwise contained) can become very territorial, to people but especially dogs--provoking a charge, snarl, or other fight inducing movement. What you can do is to always watch the dogs when they are together. the only time I would consider my dogs not likely to get in a fight is when they are in thier crates, seperate rooms, or seperate lots. even the dogs I've had for years and years will squabble if I am out of the room, but when I am there, there are almost NO fights at all. (and any fights that may be coming are stopped before they start 99 percent of the time--by a word, by a command, in short, by training!)

[quote name='Aroura']I don't get you guys at all, are you simply being bitches just for the sake of it?
Roo, all mighty one, just because your a moderater doesn't mean you can go shooting off at everyone pretending like you own the place, if you want such a power trip why don't you become a politition?
You all go on about how you don't judge people and etc etc etc yet as soon as someone comes on here with a problem that is out of control and even though they are trying their best you all gang up and make out that just because your in a better situation that they are selfish and don't know how to look after their dogs.
I was just offering some advice, and if you guys all want to be bitches about it then so be it, just because I'm the only one nice enough to give this person a chance and offer a suggestion doesn't mean you all have to mock me. What if they were telling the truth? You guys would sooner dub them a troll than help them, and you call yourself dog lovers? Your all a pack of selfish gits who think your better than everyone else.
You know its true, call it what you like but that just sums it up true and simply. :evil:[/quote]

My response to this post is in part two(as the topic was split) :wink: