Dogomania

Feeding the puppy

Guest Anonymous

How mant times a day do you feed your dog?  

1. 1. How mant times a day do you feed your dog?

• Once
    • Twice
    • Three Times (Breakfast Lunch and Dinner)
    • When the dogs bowl is emptied, I refill it, If they are hungry their hungry. They need food too :-)

Guest Anonymous

[i]Okay another question.. My lady and I have been discussing this.. How often is it good to feed the dog.. I know when I was younger and we had a dog at our house the dog always had food, food was always down for him. At the apartment we feed Isabelle twice a day, once in the wee hours of the AM and once in the evening. Beth is saying we should go down to once a day..

Im kind of confused.. The dog always wants food.. I mean everytime she is by the pantry looking at us with those eyes like Hello Feed me? :)

What to do?[/i]

Guest Anonymous

Twice a day here also.

Cute story from this morning. Lily and Val are fed from those riser feeders that say they are to reduce back strain, whatever I use em because they have the cool storage bin for food built in.....Lily is always fed first, but my hubby feeds the cat in the morning since he gets up first and who can stand that yowling? :lol: Anyway, apparently Sagwa was not fed this morning and when I put Lily's food in he rushed past her and jumped up on the side of the feeder and started going to town, I thought "Uh Oh", and moved forward to grab him, Lily sat down in front of me, looked at me, I swear she rolled her eyes (Like sheesh Mom, control your cat), looked at Sagwa....and proceeded to nudge him slightly to the side so she could fit in and begin to eat. I removed him after a few minutes just in case, but how cute!

Later,
Trinity
See my girls at [url]www.geocities.com/trinityess[/url]

[quote name='Mei-Mei']Only twice a day to avoid bloat, but I guarantee they would eat all day everyday if I let them. They especially like the kind of people food they are not supposed to get, like German Chocolate Cake. :P[/quote]

Mmmm... German Chocolate Cake.... *Homer Simpson drool action*
:P

At Dad's both boys get one meal a day. When Bk was here, he got fed little bits and pieces throughout the day too, if I was home, and a smaller meal, though he's far from turning into a porker; he uses up all his energy thinking of ways to escape!!

Chocolate is bad for dogs- it can kill them- but it depends on what sort of chocolate, and how much you give them. A tiny piece isn't likely to do any damage... but to err on the side of caution I don't give any. (except when BK stole all my sister's Easter eggs one time- but he only took the good stuff :roll: )

I free feed (always food out). I think Kavik would starve if I didn't. He loves his treats and his yogurt but other than that he is not terribly interested in food. If the food wasn't available for him all the time I don't think he'd eat, he's too easily distracted. When we went on our canoe trip we could not free feed and we had to remind him to eat repeatedly, he lost 3 1/2 to 4 lbs in one week and he only ways 40 lbs.

• 2 weeks later...