Dogomania

GLADIS GOES TO GET SPAYED

mouseatthebusstop

I raise my coffee mug and toast you and Gladis!
Um, Doc? Would you please take them troublesome female parts outta me? I ain't planning on using them!
I would ask about a mild pain reliever for Gladis, probably just for the first day or two-but wait til she's fully out of the anesthesia. Candy was pretty uncomfortable for a day or two after her spay. Then again, Candy was still shockingly underweight, had NO fat or muscle as any cushion.

Glad to hear Gladis is home and doing well. Try to keep her from licking TOO much at her incision, she will just irriate the skin. I think that was why Candy was so uncomfortable, she actually licked her skin raw.
I know too well the feeling you had when leaving her at the vet, I had to leave Jesse at the vet one day recently and the look of shock he gave me brought tears to my eyes. Of course I knew he'd be fine but it still gets us to leave where they don't really want to be!
Give Gladis a pat for me.

Thank-you every-one. she only had a small incision 1 inch or 5cms keyhole surgery. she is very well and active my bigest problem is to stop her running around with Paddy, she is just like her normal self
Stargaze sorry your dog had a bad time, Poppy was like that when she went didn't get out of her bed for 4 days except for toilet. My husband was hand feeding her to get her to eat

Guest Anonymous

Maybe her not feeling well was a good thing--kept her out of trouble! :wink: I took her and Teddy at the same time. He came home as peppy as ever, busted his stitches out twice--he felt great--too great!

Connie

[quote name='mouseatthebusstop']Thank-you every-one. she only had a small incision 1 inch or 5cms keyhole surgery. she is very well and active my bigest problem is to stop her running around with Paddy, she is just like her normal self
[/quote]

Oh this reminds me of when Jesse was neutered. He had a retained testicle, it was in his abdomen so the vet had to go in and get it. He had wire stitches in his belly. The first day home, he was like a small throw rug on the floor, I felt so bad for him. The next day, jeez! He was zooming around the yard at light speed, wanting to play, jumping up on the picnic day-a BIG NO NO with stitches. I had to put him on leash to go out in the fenced back yard so he would not be too crazy.

Hearing your stories reminds me of the time Rowie had her Op. D*mn was I scared! You know, thoughts like:

"What if her stitches bust out?"
"What is she gets an infection?"
"What if they got something wrong and she'll die???"
"What if she gets over wieght?"
"What if she gets UNDER wieght?"
"What if she's really a boy and I didn't know and they gave her the wrong Op.????" :lol: OK, the last one was a joke! :lol: But the thing I feared most was if her stitches would bust out. She ran like crazy the next day! She was hyper, she'd retreive her balls like normal, she'd run around. Jeez! I was like CALM DOWN ROWIE! :o Ofcourse she didn't! It's a wonder how they stayed put. :-? :lol:

Oh yeah, and a funny story is once I was with Rowie, and then a fly flew onto her stitches. Anyways, I didn't know it was a fly and I thought it was all her meat comng out cuz she busted the stitches! :lol: LOL!

Anyway Mouse, if you've already gone through it before(with Paddy) than I'm sure you're gonna be fine... :D Your'e lucky! I practicaly went into shock when Rowie had her Op.! :wink: :D