Dogomania

Who else out there is a Bulldog (english) owner?

lordgoliath

Guest Anonymous

Well we do not own a bulldog but we do have plenty of slobber with our mastiff. We have talked about getting a bulldog. We have started researching them to see if they would be a breed for us.

Maybe one day but right now I have 3 monsters and that is enough.

Got a question though. Are they cuddlers or loaners?

Nice meeting ya

[quote name='lordgoliath']Just wondering who else on this board enjoys Bullie slobber?

James

[url]http://www.bulldogdomain.com[/url][/quote]

I don't own a Bulldog, 'they are cuties though'.....i own a Bullmastiff who slobbers ewww, i guess thats where it comes from the Bulldog and Mastiff :D the Bullmastiff was created by crossing the Bulldog with the Mastiff century's ago....How nice! :wink:

[quote name='Dog Lady']Well we do not own a bulldog but we do have plenty of slobber with our mastiff. We have talked about getting a bulldog. We have started researching them to see if they would be a breed for us.

Maybe one day but right now I have 3 monsters and that is enough.

Got a question though. Are they cuddlers or loaners?

Nice meeting ya[/quote]

Bulldogs are definitely cuddlers (for the most part). Goliath really loves to play but he tires easily so he spend at lot of time napping. He loves to sleep at my feet or next to me on my bed.

James

[quote name='lordgoliath']Actually when we began our search for a Bulldog, we decided that a Bullmastiff would be the second choice, but since I had wanted a Bulldog since I was small child of 8, I was willing to spend time looking.

We are considering a second dog, and a Bullmastiff is likely what we will get.

James[/quote]

Hmm well as im partial to the Bullmastiff, i must say yeah get one :wink:
they are the next best Bull breed you could ever own, apart from being stubborn which is probably the Bulldog trait or maybe the Mastiff :D they are a layed back breed, also very loyal and very very nosy.....you cannot have anything in the house or garden with out them noticing :roll:
I would definately say the playing part and a lot of napping in the Bullmastiff comes from the Bulldog though...Oh and the SnOrinG :o

[quote name='sashagirl']Still trying to get Frank to go for the Bullmastiff thing!!! I REALLY want one. He said "maybe" on the Bullmastiff. He said we would talk about it when we got a house. But he said if not then i could FOR SURE get a english bull!!! :D I still want the Bullmastiff, but the english bull is my second choice. :D[/quote]

Sashagirl.

I have decided to get a rescue Bullmastiff in the near future, which might be when we get a much BIGGER house too, but who knows what might happen within the next few years.
My fiance is chuffed about it as it would be great to give an unwanted Bully a new home, we have also kept to the idea of having a puppy from a breeder, we might decide on a male pup and a female rescue...but it depends how things go in terms of which rescue Bully we choose!

I hope you do decide to have a Bullmastiff, but at the end of the day its your decision :D

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K'][quote name='Smooshie']Heehee K....do I detect a [i]slight[/i] note of jealousy??? :lol: Maybe Santa will bring you a Bully this year if you ask nicely? :wink:[/quote]

Maybe a bit jealous yes :oops: ...I have tried asking nicely :D ..I have tried demanding :2gunfire: ..I have tried sulking :( ...I have tried other female whiles not mentionable here :o ...I think my wait may well be an extended one :([/quote]

K...I know you don't celebrate Halloween, but I'm assuming you celebrate Christmas???? Now, I [u][b]AGREE [/b][/u]that pups for xmas are NOT good gifts, but in K's case I think we can all say that a pup for xmas would NOT be an issue. K, what's your hubby's email address? I'm thinking if we all mass-spam him with emails about a WONDERFUL gift idea for his LOVELY wife, maybe he'd get the point? :lol: