Dogomania

is my puppy male or female

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i recently brought a puppy bitch? staffy and untill a couple of days ago i thought it was a bitch but my friend told me he thinks it is a dog i could take a piture of the private parts if you can post pictures if not could anybody give me an idea what to look for or give me a link where i can see some pictures
:angel:

OMG!Did you just pick up your puppy from some person selling off the streets?And if you prepared yourself well for getting a puppy, I think you should know the basics about dogs..Or maybe you just found a cute little dog from the pet shop window and thought you just COULDN'T resist?And are you sure it's a staffy if even the gender isn't sure?

Guest Anonymous

Tom my suggestion is to take it in to the local vet's office and just ask them.. I am sure they won't mind telling you. The vet tech's should be at the desk up front or near by and just ask and leave.. That way if there is anything that needs to be addressed they can do so! :wink:

Good heavens!!! If the pup is a male it will have a penis some way up it belly/abdomen. If it is a female it will have a vulva at the junction of its back legs. I would suggest that you get some books on taking care of a puppy and learn, learn, learn. I couldn't desex a chicken but I'm pretty darn good at recognising the sex of a puppy.

Guest Anonymous

There could be a very understandable confusion as to the pup's sex, seriously. I've come across two such cases while grooming, both thought and bought as bitches...until I noticed a small PENIS-like thing inside her-you know-and it was somewhat sticking out as I clipped the belly area. The first time I was sooooooo confused. I told the other groomer I didn't know the pup's sex. She looked at me as though I'd gone insane. She said it's a bitch. I looked again, and told her I'm not sure. We went back and forth until I said LOOK for yourself and tell me it's a bitch. Well, she couldn't sex the pup either! When the owner returned for the dog we told her to take the pup to a vet, and that the pup's sex is very questionable. Well, the pup was female... AND MALE!!! :o The vet spayed her and nothing more came of it. Years later, came across a second pup like that.

Connie-forgot to login! :-?

PS Had my (ex) husband bring the video camera so we could prove it to others. Haven't seen the tape in awhile, but know it's somewhere here.

Bi-sexed (having both male and female sexual organs) is called a Hermaphrodite.

Used to have a goat (stop laughing....) that was a hermaphrodite, his name was Gizmo (sorry Giz...it really was). He/she was the coolest goat. The other goats were horrible to him, because they knew he was different. His mother loved him just the same. You know, she must have been embarrassed to take him shopping! :wink:

Golly, you are right. I never thought about the hemaphrodite aspect. I have a friend who had a dog like this (RIP the dog, not the friend). She had the dog desexed but I don't know whether it was a neuter or a spay.
My friend called the dog 'he' all of his life. I would suggest that desexing the new puppy prior to the age of 6 months would be a good idea. I'm sure you will love this new puppy regardless of his ambiguous sex.

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

:-?

We've just bought a puppy from the local dogs home and we're not sure of it's sex either. We've had dogs before so didn't expect to have a problem with this but other people have looked too and are not sure. If anyone thinks they can tell, email me and I'll send you a picture for you to tell. I'll be taking it to the vet next week to check.

Btw... for those who responded to the first persons request telling him that it should be obvious etc. I haven't been able to find any pictures of puppy sexual anatomy on the internet so if you haven't had a pup before it's possibly difficult to know what you should be looking for exactly.[/img]

:o :o :o
The dogs home would have known the sex of the dog :roll:

It is quite simple really.
if it is a male it should have a penis near the belly button :lol:

in easy to understand words :lol:
a female should have bits near her botom hole :oops:

Guest Anonymous

Anyone out there got the paddles charged? You'll have to bring me back because......
[color=blue][size=6]I DIED LAUGHING!!!!!
[/size][/color]:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='yellowlabsrule']Tom and Josilou,
Did you figure it out yet??? If so please let us know.[/quote]

Toms was a girl :lol:

He sent us all a picture :o

And Ebby :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :) :) :)

Guest Anonymous

Kirsty
I'm quite puzzled as I don't usually have a problem like this. I've just tried again - the K was capital in the link so I changed that to a k this time, but the underscore was there already. Otherwise, perhaps if you send me an email and I just reply to it ??

Thanks for your patience
Jo
:-?

Guest Anonymous

:lol: Thank you both very much. I tried to reply to your email K (sent 2 in fact) so have no idea why they didn't work - most peculiar. Thanks Sash for posting it here - how do you do that? I'd like to post a piccy of "her" :P by my name as the rest of you do.

Tell me as well - do female puppies usually look like her or is she a bit unusual? At least 6 people questioned her sex with me when I told them she was a she. I'm relieved though - we've been calling her Nellie since we had her.

Josilou

Guest Anonymous

Thankyou :P We think she's pretty gorgeous too!!

What breed do you think she is? The guy at the dogs home said he thought she was a sheepdog/spaniel cross - I think he's right about the sheepdog bit but not the spaniel bit. The rest of the litter were black & white or just black.

Jo