Dogomania

Bullmastiffs

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello! I am brand new to this forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Lisa. We love, show & OCCASIONALLY breed Bullmastiffs. We have 6 of these wonderful dogs and they are our life.

Look forward to meeting a lot of new friends!!!

Guest Anonymous

Welcome granites! :D
They haven't ganged up on me yet,
:wink:
but I'm the odd one out with the Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy (10 months, 50 lbs).
She is ridgeless, which is probably why she was found at the pound. :(
Ruby is a real joy & we treat her as our daughter.
:lol:

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

I'm glad to be here!!

You can see the loves of my lives at: [url]http://granitehills2.tripod.com/granitehillsbullmastiffs[/url]

I love them all dearly!!

We have Rebel, our very first, he will be 10 in May. Echo & Judy are 4, Rumor will be 3 in October, Dozer is 9 months and Truman 8. We are all one big happy family!! :lol:[/img]

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all very much for the kind comments on our dogs. I want you all to know that all 6 of them are my family members. They are all special and I DON'T know what I'd do without any one of them!!!

Thank you all again!!

Lisa :)

Guest Anonymous

Hi Ian! Thanks for the welcome! I am very interested in BARF, but am afraid I won't provide the proper nutrition to my dogs.

This sounds like a great topic.....Anyone???

Lisa

• 1 month later...

Hi Lisa. Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Well what can i say, another Bullmastiff Lover here :) and why not they are so adorable i just love the breed.
I have seen your site before and i must say that they are all little darlings :D I have one at the moment name Charlie, he is 3 years old now...a beautiful red/fawn who is our family, hes a real joy and a pleasure to own! I will be looking at getting another one in the near future, just Bully mad me :D

Hi Lisa. Welcome!!!!!!!!!

Well what can i say, another Bullmastiff Lover here :) and why not they are so adorable i just love the breed.
I have seen your site before and i must say that they are all little darlings :D I have one at the moment name Charlie, he is 3 years old now...a beautiful red/fawn who is our family, hes a real joy and a pleasure to own! I will be looking at getting another one in the near future, just Bully mad me :D

Guest Anonymous

Thank you Shannon for your nice comments!! Yes, the Bullmastiff is the most wonderful breed and all of mine are cherished members of our family!!!

Lisa

[b]Your Welcome Lisa :)

I have been here a while now, but the last few months i have ben without a computer due to a virus, but its all back to normal again now.
Please tell me who the adorable little pup is in the picture to your left ?

I have been in the breed four years, Charlie is my first Bullmastiff who i adore so much as well has the breed itself!
I got him from a well known breeder back here in England, 'who is sadly not with us now' (Tartuffe Kennel), it took a year before he came into my life as i wanted a good quality specimen and he does have that.....doing all the research from talking to as many breeders as i could, going to lots of shows, reading books about there care health etc in which i have quite a large collection, and visiting kennels to find the right type was all worth it in the end.

Just wished many others would take the time to research the breed first, as you know they do attract a lot of attention especially when pups, with there sweet little black masked faces and it does encourage many people to choose them as there first choice without knowing about the Bullmastiff needs first!

[/b]

[b]Your Welcome Lisa :)

I have been here a while now, but the last few months i have ben without a computer due to a virus, but its all back to normal again now.
Please tell me who the adorable little pup is in the picture to your left ?

I have been in the breed four years, Charlie is my first Bullmastiff who i adore so much as well has the breed itself!
I got him from a well known breeder back here in England, 'who is sadly not with us now' (Tartuffe Kennel), it took a year before he came into my life as i wanted a good quality specimen and he does have that.....doing all the research from talking to as many breeders as i could, going to lots of shows, reading books about there care health etc in which i have quite a large collection, and visiting kennels to find the right type was all worth it in the end.

Just wished many others would take the time to research the breed first, as you know they do attract a lot of attention especially when pups, with there sweet little black masked faces and it does encourage many people to choose them as there first choice without knowing about the Bullmastiff needs first.

Guest Anonymous

Shannon,

You are so right.....I cannot stress education enough, before you bring any breed home, you should be sure that is the right breed for you...Though I adore my Bullmastiffs - They are not THE breed for everyone.

The little boy in the picture is Mill Creeks Revival O'Camelot - Buster. He is 4 months old and from a litter of two out of my Barb'Eric girl (Barb'Eric's Hey Jude) and Simon (CH Hanover's Simon of Mill Creek). I am very proud of him. I DO NOT breed often, but when I do I do a lot of prior research and Health and Temperament are always something I WILL NOT sacrifice!!

Lisa

In my eyes the good breeders are the ones who dont breed often, only when they want a pup themselves. You should be proud of your boy hes absolutely gorgeous!
Wish i could reach out and give him a great big hug!

Your Bullmastiffs look really healthy and i can see the quality there in type etc....i think brindles are very striking to look at and i would like one someday.
I dont think its fair that brindles dont do well in showing, well not in this country, its true in saying that it is the colour that brings out the red and fawns which are also attractive, what are these judges thinking!

Guest Anonymous

Thank you Shannon!! I am glad that their health shows in pictures. That is always my number one......Health & Temperament and then conformation! We either OFA or PENNHIP all of our dogs hips as that has been a big problem in this breed as well as many others!! So far, so good!!! We have been lucky with 6 healthy, happy bullies....Our lives are very full!

:lol:

Lisa.

As you mention PENNHIP scores, speaking to a few breeders recently.... they have said that the breed doesn't get HIP scored like they used to it as its now been bred out of them, i thought surely that cant be true...but not being a breeder myself i wouldnt know....only that if the Bullmastiff isnt bought up carefully from a youngster then they do have problems with there hips, same goes if they get obese.
It puzzles me!

Thankyou Lynn, glad to be back :) ...missed this place!

Your Boxers are beautiful, my neighbour as a brindle male, William....he comes and greets me by the fence every morning. Charlie my Bullmastiff saw him for the first time when i took him out, he got very excited and wanted to play with him but i didnt allow it as i didnt know how there Boxer would react to a 9 stone Bullmastiff jumping all over him....so it was sniffs only!

Guest Anonymous

It would be wonderful if Hip Dysplasia had been bred out....Unfortuneately, I won't see that in my lifetime....There are still big problems with hips and not only in Bullmastiffs.... :wink: