Dogomania

Need to know!

:oops: Hello all. I need to know if anyone else has any experience with this. I have a female 4 month old puggle or pug/beagle mix. I was at the vet's yesterday and asked about this little pink knobby thing that was protruding from my puppies hind end. I know little boy dogs have that, but Chiclet is my first female dog. Well, to make a long story short 3 vets looked at her and said that either she is a hermaphrodite or has a female part with a bone in it. None of the vets had ever seen this before. Thanks for your time. :oops:

Here is my album of pics of her if you'd like to see her:
[url]http://photobucket.com/albums/y223/gwenhwyfar0174/[/url]

As of right now it is not affecting her that we know of. She is not in pain from it at least. When she is six months they will have to x-ray her to see if she has ovaries and so on. They will also have to catherize her to see where the urine comes out of. Then they will be able to spay/neuter her depending on what shows on the x-rays. It is very bizarre to say the least. :-?

Hermaphrodism doesn't usually cause much problem in people except for social ramifications etc. Sometimes if drs mess with things to assign a gender there can be resultant problems from those surgeries but otherwise I haven't heard of a problem.
I would inform the breeder though. He or she may want to know.

Oh my what a cutie! I'm sure that spaying her will be fine. Having another vets opinion can't hurt however. I have a female (spayed) who has always acted male, lifting her leg, displaying dominant behavior and humping sometimes. Now that she's older she acts more like a "lady" but I used to wonder if she had an overdose of testosterone :D I hope Everything turns out fine for your pup. Don't worry