Dogomania

It's me again, bragging on Candy!

Carolk9s

I took the dogs to the park this morning for a quick run around, then off we all went to an agility trial. We are going back tomorrow for another but I just could not wait, I am just plain tickled at how TODAY turned out.
Candy and I had a 'twofer'. I ran her in AKC Novice Standard and Novice Jumpers W/Weaves.
We had 2 clean runs,
We got 2 qualifying and perfect scores,
We got 2 blue/first place ribbons,
We finished 2 titles!
We were 10 seconds under maximum course time each run.
I actually thought we might have NQ'd in our standard run, she went blasting through the collapsed chute and right out of the ring, she thought we were done! Not so, we had 3 jumps left, I called her back, she zoomed back to me and we finished. Some judges might have NQ'd us for that but I am guessing since Candy responded to me quickly and no one touched her, we were still good to finish.
I also walked Jesse and Brittany individually around, both really enjoyed it. Jesse perked up quite a bit, he's pretty old but has not forgotten AT ALL what pockets are for! His sniffer still works just fine. Brittany got a little excited to be out and about, she got to meet a very nice Boxer.
I could have moved Candy up to the next level but I'll wait for fall to do that. We'll run again in Novice tomorrow and we can TRULY run just for fun.

Today was almost as much fun as yesterday. We had 1 wrong course in our Standard run, even without that bobblewe would have been 2nd as the 1st place dog was way faster than us.
Our jumpers run was fantastic, even with her slow weave poles we ran fast, we ran clean and took the blue ribbon for that.
We are all tired, we all had fun. I think I must be nuts, I only ran twice each day this weekend, in 3 weeks I have trials in which I signed us up to run 4 times each day. I may have to call in sick to work the day after to recuperate. 8)

• 3 weeks later...