Dogomania

Evo update - anyone else?

BuddysMom

Anyone else feeding Evo? If so how's it going?

Well I have had Buddy on it as his main food for about a month .... but soon after starting into it I noticed his stools were very hard and pellet-like (like 2 inch diameter spheres). Also he just kept wanting more than he should be getting (he needs to lose weight). He just seemed really hungry after his alotted 3/4 cup twice a day.

My solution was to get a small bag of the regular adult Innova (green bag) and mix it with the evo. I have dialed in a ration of about 1/3 evo to 2/3 Innova regular, 1 cup twice a day. Now his stools are back to normal (nice solid but not too solid cylinders) and he is satisfied after a meal.

On straight Innova reg (prior to Evo) he was snubbing it and stools were still too soft (though he was also still going through HW treatment). I think I've found the right solution for him now, he seems to love the combo.

Any other expericences with Evo now that it's been out for awhile?

Magic has been on it for 2 months. For the first week or two she had gas. She still poops 2 times a day like she did on regular Innova. Her poops are less smelly but they are harder and like rabbit pellets LOL but German Shepherd size.
I'm in the middle of switching Bobbie from Proplan which is what he ate in his foster home.
I think Magic's teeth are staying cleaner longer on the EVO.