Dogomania

Homepage

Crested

I have to ask you guys one thing... can you visit my homepage and see if it works for you? I've been working like crazy on trying to get it to work and now it SHOULD, but does it with every web browser?
If you could just check it out (there's an english version too, so don't worry about the Finnish part. ;))

[b][url]http://personal.inet.fi/koti/crested/[/url][/b]

Thanks in advance.

Oh... and any tips on how to make the pages better are very welcome!

Guest Anonymous

okay just wondering they look so cute :loveu:
There aren't many crested in Iceland I think there ar elike 4 in FCI that live in Iceland but there are some from a puppy mill yes there is a puppy mill in Iceland called Dalsmynni and they used to breed Crested but they gave up because this breed didn't do well in the kennel it was to cold so they just took the crested to the vet and they were put down :cry:
sorry I'm not very good in English :oops:

Guest Anonymous

Yes so sad we are fighting against this mill in Iceland and if you know some breeders in Finladn then it would be great to tell them not to sell dogs to "Dalsmynni"
Coz it's a bad bad bad place for dogs :cry:

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='ESSlover']ICELAND IS THAT A SPRINGER??? I have one too...heh...heh... :lol:[/quote]
Yep a good looking fella right 8)
Can you send me pics of yours?

[quote name='Rowie-the-Pooh']Your website is [i]amazing[/i]! Way to go! :D

I have a question though, on the English "home" page, there are pics of a Sire and Dam. I was wondering if the Sire is of the same breed? He looked really different! Is he the powderpuff type or something? Heh, feel like an idiot. :oops:[/quote]
Well we can be idiots together because I am confused too. :lol: Seriously though there are so many breeds out there you can't know everything.

Guest Mutts4Me

The site is nice, very well organized.

They're talking about the sire and dam of the Peruvian Hairless puppies that are advertised on your English intro page: [url]http://personal.inet.fi/koti/crested/index_eng.html[/url]

[quote name='Mutts4Me']The site is nice, very well organized.

They're talking about the sire and dam of the Peruvian Hairless puppies that are advertised on your English intro page: [url]http://personal.inet.fi/koti/crested/index_eng.html[/url][/quote]

Oooooohhh! NOW I get it. (sorry... :oops:)

Yeah, they're the same breed. The dam is a hairless small Peruvian Inca Orchid (Perro Sin Pelo Del Peru) and the sire is the powder puff version of the same breed (medium size).
And the pups are expected to become either medium or large. (and YES! a small dogs can be the moms to big dogs. ;))

Oh, and I forgot to say that the powder puff peruvians are registerd the same way as hairless ones but they don't have showrights yet. The breed is so unusual (even though it is old enough to have come from the Inca culture) that it's in the same spot that Cresteds were in the 50's and 60's. At that time the powder puffs of Cresteds didn't have show rights either. And along with the Peruvian, the Mexican hairless is in the same point. Their powder puff versions don't have showrights either.
It's weird to me, because in nearly every litter there are both hairless and powders because the hairless carry the powder puff gene as resessive and the hairless gene as dominant. So when you put two hairless to gether you do get powders allso. Same with if you put a powder together with a hairless. But if you put a powder with a powder then you only get powders, because powder puffs do not carry the hairless gene at all (this is the reason why they have full teeth and the hairless don't - the hairless gene is connected to the gene that goes for the teeth)

Ha! I've made my homework! :lol: