Dogomania

Need Help with boonie and his marking...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

GRRRR this dog is going to be the death of me i just know it.. he will not stop peeing in the house. i've done the whole keep him in the crate 24/7 just out to go potty and eat/drink.. he just started to pee in his crate and iw as taking him out every 2 hours.. then i got a spray fome petsmart called off.. it marks boundries for them well i sprayed it on the carpet and couch and he did fine, only thing was it smelled so bad it gave me migranes.. SO i started to use it just where i saw him marking.. mostly on the couch and toys.. NOW 2 times today he's lifted his leg on my fridge and i'm about to ring his little neck out. he peepd on my cube of dr peper on the floor yesterday i left it there forgetting to put the rest in teh fridge so he went on it. now the fridge and i yell at him and put him out side wheni catch him doing it.. and then he goes right in his kennel.. i'm going to be visiting family for 3 weeks andi can't have him lifting his leg or they will make him stay outside the whole time.. HELP!

what are you doing to teach him to go outside? no criticism just dont want to suggest something you are already doing.

Small breeds are often stubborn. Negative corrections only encourage the behavior. Positive training on what you do want him to do is the only way to go. And yes you may have to make a fool out of yourself to get the response you want.

Guest Anonymous

we go outside every 2 hours the big dogs go in the run and me and boonie go out hte rest of the yard he will go out and sniff and pee andpoo and then he gets lots of hugs and good boys and treats.. when inside i have him leashed to me so he has to go every wher ei go ( just started doing that.. i did that with boththe other dogs ) and if i see him sniffing or whining, back outside we go. I used to see him go to the door and then we'd run outsdie for him to pee..
he can go outside and go potty and then come right back inside and 5 mins later lift a leg on something..

Guest Anonymous

yes he doesnt' have UTI they checked everything out on him and said he's fine, that it was behavor related.. i've never had such a stubborn hard headed dog in my life.. i an' twait to start him in ob in jan. i can sit for 45 mins and tell him to sit and he wont do it...

[quote name='DeafAussieLover']i've never had such a stubborn hard headed dog in my life.. [/quote]

He may not understand that it's not OK to mark in the house. I wouldn't assume he's just being stubborn yet. More often than not, it's our fault when our dogs aren't "getting" something. :)

Get tough with him DAL. Poms are stubborn wee sods from what I have seen. My boss' partner had 3 over the years and they need a firm hand. Use the attachment band idea but yell at him as well. If he isn't responding to anything else then give him a good verbal thrashing if you catch him lifting his leg and take him straight outside. when he pees in the right place tell him hes good but when he does it inside make sure he knows that you are angry with him. he has been with you long enough now to have settled and is just taking advantage of the situation by the sounds of it.