Dogomania

3rd

imported_nea

Today was Webster's last show of the year. It was another unofficial one (they're more fun because you get bigger ribbons :lol::oops:), but an all-flattie show, so the judge actually was an "expert" on flatcoated retrievers.
Since Web is black I have to wear a contrasting color, which happens to be beige/khaki for my pants. Which is a bit of a disaster since no matter how hard I try, I can't keep clean. And this show was in a riding house, so I didn't last 5 minutes in my clean clothes... It was almost embarrasing how dirty I looked! Thats a bit beside the point though. Anyway, his class was quite big- 6 dogs. Web was the second in line, but the first dog came a bit late so I had to "lead" for a while. Hate that! But it went ok, except for me running a few times to many around the ring.. Then the first dog got its induvidual judgement, then it was Web's turn. He did pretty well standing nicely, although that durn tail did NOT wag! And when we were running he wanted to stick his nose in the ground, in hopes of finding a delicious little piece of horse poop burried in the stuff... Then we waited and waited while the others got judged. Then all back in the ring, and running more, standing more, etc. The judge started moving dogs around, and I was just waiting to be asked to step back in the end. Instead, all that happened was that one dog was placed in front. Webby was THIRD!!!
Which I'm thrilled with!! In addition to a nice ribbon we got a pretty big bag of food. But now I have to wait until late January for the next show... Its addicting!!!