Dogomania

vaccine reaction?

rotten_two

my officemate has a 7mo old mini schnauzer named molly. at 4mos molly got her first rabies vaccination. this morning brian told me that she still has a knot on her hip that is kinda squishy kinda hard in the place they gave the shot. it has become more prominent and is turning her fur black in that area. i asked what happened when they gave the shot and he said she was fine until they took the needle out then she started screaming and they had to give her something to calm her?! i had never heard of such! i also asked him if he had brought it to the attention of his vet? he said yes everytime they go in they bring it up. i personally go to the same vet practice but i do not like his vet. i see the holisitc vet in that practice. anyway his vet told him she sees this in small dogs all the time.

any small dog parents out there that can attest to this? any other guesses as to what may have happened? DO -- you see this much where you work?

thanks for the replies guys! yeah i told him that at worst gaia and aspen might have a small knot for a couple days but nothing like he describes. he says she does not seem painful in that area. i have encouraged him to go to my vet and let her have a look at it! maybe they did just damage the tissue -- but the color change worried me?! thanks again!