Dogomania

Here's another big Golden boy I'm interested in

JackieMaya

[i][b]Brutus[/b][/i] is another dog that the local Golden Retriever rescue shelter is offering for adoption. He's 8-9 years old and over 100 pounds; another big boy! He looks like he would be a good match for my girls too. So if it doesn't work out with [i][b]Hogan[/b][/i], maybe it'll be [i][b]Brutus[/b][/i].

[img]http://www.ragom.org/pictures/Pictures2004/Brutus04261b.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.ragom.org/pictures/Pictures2004/Brutus04261d.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.ragom.org/pictures/Pictures2004/Brutus04261c.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.ragom.org/pictures/Pictures2004/Brutus04261a.jpg[/img]

Here's what they say about [i][b]Brutus[/b][/i]:

[quote]Brutus was found as a stray in southern MN and the local humane society was unable to locate his original family. RAGOM was contacted and we are the lucky ones to be his foster family.
Brutus is one COOL dog and an easy-going guest. He is calm, relaxed and a joy to have around. Brutus is a big guy and tips the scales at a whopping 120 pounds and is now on a diet to bring his weight down. He is neutered and has a beautiful red coat. When he was found his coat was very matted. The volunteer who picked him up from the humane society removed most of his mats and worked on brushing out his coat. Brutus then went to our local groomer and received a bath and further clipping. The mats did create a somewhat ragged look but his coat is soooo beautiful that as it grows out it will be glorious.
Brutus is heartworm positive and is scheduled to begin treatment this Monday followed by weeks of restricted activity. The vet found him to be in overall good health and estimates his age at 8-9 years.
Brutus is affectionate and an absolute love. He enjoys taking walks, is well behaved on a leash and gets along well with the other dogs he has met. He is a giant sweetheart. Brutus is housebroken and well mannered. I would recommend that Brutus live in a home without cats. He does like to chase our cat and his enthusiasm to play may pose a problem. Brutus is a “chow hound” and will counter surf looking for food. Once I reorganized my kitchen this has not been a problem. I can relate. It’s hard to be on a diet.

UPDATES:
9/14/04: Brutus had guests on the Labor Day Weekend, a three month old puppy name Kya and her human family. It was such fun to watch him enjoy playing with a puppy. He loved the extra company, social interaction and attention. Brutus is such an easy going guy and a real love. He loves to take walks down our country road and explore the grasses growing along the edge. The exercise and good diet are trimming his weight and he is looking good. His coat is growing back and he is quite a handsome Golden. Everyone who has met Brutus has fallen with love with him. He is a sweet, loving dog. Now he just needs his own family. Brutus is ready to find his new home. He is a wonderful boy and is a great foster dog.

10/4/04: Brutus brought me to the RAGOM picnic and both of us had a wonderful time. Brutus loved all the attention and enjoyed the company of all the other beautiful goldens. He loves other dogs, people and the water. Brutus is one great dog looking for a home. He is an adaptable dog and loves to cuddle up. Brutus is a joy.[/quote]

He also looks like a lovely dog. I love his colour, as previously said above, and he just has the sweetest expression on his face. Just makes me want to kiss the cute big guy. :)

How are things going with Hogan? I noticed that you often pick the older dogs. Is there a reason for that? I think it's great! The older dogs are often the ones who don't get adopted for many reasons and you are definitely doing some thing excellent for them. So kudos to you! :wink:

Good luck with Hogan & Brutus.

He is a doll, but I had to laugh...WHO would name a Golden "Brutus"? The name implies a huge tough guy with an attitude....Goldens are (when raised and trained properly) about as tough as dust....I know the Shakespeare connotation, but in today's lingo, Brutus would not be the sweet faced love he is....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: