Dogomania

REally REally Bad Breath

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok guys i dont know what's going on with Booniem, he just had a dental and 12 teeth pulled but he' got the WORST breath ever i mean it's enough to make you wanna throw up and not breath when his face is in yours... I'm calling my vet first thing tomorrow morning, but until then what do youa ll think could be causing this?

Guest Anonymous

they fed him pro plan.. I have a abag of that that i am gradually mixing in with my chicken soup food for the other dogs hoepfully that will help it ;)

Let's hope that diet will clear it up. With my Perry, his wonky breath led us to do xrays that showed some deformed "something" (stomach was misshapen as if he'd swallowed a barbell :-? ) and we were sure he had a diaphragmatic hernia. He even had surgery in hopes of repairing it, but the surgery showed nothing except that his liver had a torn spot (totally unrelated). While we were in there, we did have his stomach tacked to one side to prevent bloating in the future since he seemed at increased risk.

All this to say that Perry's breath problems were determined to be due to bacterial overgrowth. He gets a very light sprinkling of tilosin powder on his food which does the trick. Otherwise, his breath stinks right through his face.

I hope Boonie just needs a good change of diet. :)

[quote]how does he chew with 12 teeth missing?? [/quote]
We had a little old dilapidated Yorkie that not only had NO teeth, but no bottom jaw. As long as we softened his food, he could "chew" just fine using his tongue to wallow the food against the roof of his mouth. Never underestimate the determination of a hungry dog. :P

Guest Anonymous

lol he has his 4 k9 teeth and no teeth between then ont he top and no teeth between then on the bottom th en he is missint some teeth ont he side but has all his molars