Dogomania

Theme Park Mess

Smooshie

:o

Theme park loses puppy
By Associated Press
Published August 4, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORLANDO - Universal Orlando theme park is in the doghouse after losing a puppy a guest left at its kennel.

Joe Wheat thought Conner, a 4-month-old white Labrador retriever, was in good hands during his visit Saturday. The dog was - until the kennel gave it to someone else.

"We take care of more than 5,000 animals a year, and this is the first time we've ever faced a situation like this," Universal spokesman Tom Schroder said Tuesday. The situation is urgent for Wheat, an optometrist. He is getting ready to move from Jacksonville to Houston.

"Now I'm thinking I'm going to stay in the area for a few weeks to see how this resolves itself," Wheat said. "I'm hoping I won't leave alone."

Wheat said when he dropped off Conner, with his favorite chew toy, at the 117-cage kennel Saturday afternoon, he filled out a form that asked for information on himself and his dog. He should have received a pink duplicate that serves as a claim ticket, but didn't.

When Wheat returned about six hours later, Conner was gone. The dog had been checked out by someone with the ticket.

Theme park investigators are talking to kennel employees and tracking down records to try to find the puppy.

:o Wait, there is something suspicious with that story. If he didn't get the ticket, and "someone else did", how did they get it? do you suppose an employee took the dog?????

If someone handed me the wrong ticket, or whatever, I wouldn't be able to think fast enough to take the wrong dog without comment! :lol: guess I wouldn't make a very good doggie theif!

Guest Anonymous

Poor puppy! I hope he gets returned to his rightful owner.

It does sound like an inside job or that he lost the ticket. Something just doesn't sound right here.

[quote]He should have received a pink duplicate that serves as a claim ticket, but didn't. [/quote]

I have to agree this is VERY suspicious. Had he said "I lost the ticket", that would be one thing, but he specifically said he DIDNT get one.....which makes me think someone in the park took a liking to that puppy, and never intended to return it. If I were the park manager, I would be checking out all the employees that day to see if someone "suddenly" got a dog....

Lab puppies, like most puppies, are adorable, and it's easy to become enamored with them. I personally cant resist them, or golden puppies, because the cuteness factor is WAY too high. I would never steal one,
but who knows? maybe one of the kennel attendants just couldnt resist.

still wrong, but I hope they can get him back to his owner. I would be devastated, AND angry......