Dogomania

Question - Braided Collars & Leads

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was hoping someone here either works as a judge at dogs show, or knows someone who does? If so, my question is...are there size requirements on the braided products that can be used in competitions? I am entering my first show and bought some braided products, but want to be sure I won't get my self disqualified for using the wrong leads, etc. If anyone can help me, please look at the webpage and tell me if these items are competition legal.

[url]www.midnightpet.com/tiny.html[/url]

Thanks,
Todd

They look fine to me. Mind you, I'm in Canada, but outside of metal chains, almost every lead I can think of in working and herding groups is some sort of thin nylon braid or another.

I've seen some flat leads in in terrier, toy and some spaniels, but they're pretty foreign to me.

Guest Anonymous

I've participated any numerous dog shows and all the braided products on this [url]www.midnightpet.com[/url] site are legal for competitions. I know because I've personally ordered from them and used several of the items in shows. Hope this help.

Thanks and God Bless!

With dog shows you take in consideration the breed of dog (some breeds are shown in specific leads), the size and the color of the dog, if you have for ex. a black dog you would show it in a black lead (and you shouldn't be wearing black clothes). Mainly what you want to do is to make sure that the lead is in the same color (or as close to it as you can get) as the neck of the dog, and you should prefferably be wearing the excact opposite color, the dog should stand out when you are standing behind it, it should not blend into you if you get my drift...