Dogomania

Webby's first show!

imported_nea

Even after the many problems entering (like sending my homework instead of the entry form :oops: ) the show went GREAT! :D :D :D I am so very very proud of Web! :D :iloveyou:

In his class, junior males (9-15 months), there were three dogs. They were both born in March 2003 (one actually shared my bithday! :lol: ) while Web was born in July 2003, so he was the youngest. But still he came [color=red]2nd! :o :D [/color] I was expecting him to galumph around, leap up on the judge, lunge at the other dogs, etc. But he was excellent! Even when were trotting around the ring behind other dogs, and the hotdog was in my pocket, he shone. He was all in a just perfect. When the judge (who was really nice!) told me that we were second place I was shocked. And didn't think of that I still had a slobbery hotdog in my hand when we shook hands. :oops: Webby's ribbon was the nicest too, its a light blue color that looks good against his black fur.

Web's sister, Joy, did great too! She got 1st in her class, and so she got to compete for best bitch in show. I didn't see that because Web was gettting really tired so we left, but I hope she did well! And their mom too. :)

Everyone there was so friendly and helpful, it was a super day. I'm going to have to scour the magazine where these little unofficial shows are advertiesed. There were only 29 dogs in the entire show, and I thought that was very nice, especially since this was both my and Websters first show.

There, now I've bragged about my boy. :oops: :lol: :D

Yeah I think I am addicted :o Next thursday theres a sort of show close by, I'm going to try to go to that. And on Saturday theres a show that I might go to just to look, its to late to enter now. :( And then in July there are a bunch of little unofficial ones I maybe can enter... :lol: Its so much fun, and GREAT training. I'm so amazed at the difference in how he reacts to other dogs now between before and after the show. He no longer lunges at them joyfully! :D I'm sure he will again, but its exactly what he so desperatly needs, to just be around other dogs. :) If I can trust him to be somewhat calm in situations where there are lots of people and dogs, then maybe next spring we'll be ready to start competeing in Obedience too! :D

I got Web to pose for some pictures with his ribbon, they didn't turn out that well but still, here he is

[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33%3A7955523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2329%3D444%3D637%3DXROQDF%3E23235434%3B%3A278ot1lsi[/img]

Somehow he wedged his lip over my finger in this one :-? . He still has to have candy in order to stand still :roll:
[img]http://images.snapfish.com/33%3A7955523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E2329%3D444%3D637%3DXROQDF%3E23235434%3B%3A285ot1lsi[/img]

Guest Anonymous

He is so cute! :loveu: :iloveyou:

Congratulations!

:multi:

I'm going to show my puppy (bc) next weekend, and I am so excaited! We still have some problems with teeth examination, but I hope everything 'll be ok. :lol: