Dogomania

:( No More Nina :(

Nookie

Nina,new dog (for those who don't know) is the newest dog to our addition.Nina is a GREAT people dog,family dog,good fetcher (unlike my other dogs who don't bring the ball back :-? ).She LOVES people!Would make a great flyball,or any sort of activity dog.But NOT for us.I love all my pets.I love my rat terrier,Didi who's been with us for 4 years,and Cookie who's been with us for about a month.I have boned dearly with Didi & Cookie.As Nina is new I'm not attach to her,as I am with my other dogs.Which is a good thing.I have to give her to my mom's friend,who has children,can devote her time to the dog,and has NO DOGS.I thought Nina just had food aggression at first when her and Cookie fought.I never introduce her to Didi,her beinging a small dog ;wouldn't want her to get hurt.Then today I was throwing a ball for Nina to fetch,and Cookie was sniffing around and decided to join in.Nina then attacks her,Cookie denfending herself bit her.Up to the part where Nina was bleeding.Cookie never showed this sort of behavior at the dog park or with Didi.So,I knew now the issue was Nina.She would show her teeth and bark viciously when Didi or Cookie approach.Cookie is not a dog fighter,I have a quirk with her biting Nina and making Nina bleed that is kinda dangerous,but Nina cannot stay with us if this is the sort of behavior.Didi is also dog-aggresive but only shows her teeth and growls.Thta's why I'm socializing her by going to the dog park.Cookie loves the dog park.If I take Nina to the dog park,there would be problems so I have to say goodbye,I'm lucky I didn't bond with her or else this would be heartbreaking.It is sad to see her go,but atleast she would have a family that loves her,instead of beinging in a kennel all-day,because she can't be trusted :wink:

some dogs just DONT get along, and never will. It doesnt mean she is dog aggressive, she just doesnt like your other dogs. You have all read my posts...I thought Freebee was somewhat dog aggressive, until I took her with Laurel to visit her rescuers and the Hunt Club. She played with Foxhounds all day, not one incident...a few growls, but that's it. Yet I went through hell trying to adopt another dog, because she didnt like any of the ones I did, except Laurel...just like people, not all of them get along.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

I agree with what courtneck said, not all dogs get along. Tessa is generally a very dog friendly dog, but sometimes she will see a dog and just go at it! Mostly border collies and german shepards, she has grudges against them. Lily is the oppisite, she wants to eat anything over about 10kg that comes near her, but she adores Donna, our Lab, and gets along quite well with the friendly Pit Bull at training, sometimes she will just meet a dog and want to play. Montie on the other hand, is different all together, he has little moody temper tantrums where he doesn't want to know anyone, but the rest of the time he's all up in the big dogs faces giving them little kisses (everyone loves it when little 2kg Montie runs up to their big dog eg Bernese Mountain Dog, and kisses all over their face) :wink: