Dogomania

Laurel's going to see her rescuers tomorrow....

courtnek

AND the hunt club...who I have taken on in a previous post....they dont think dogs like Laurel should be adopted out...(I think they're being sued, no confirmation). Tomorrow I take her to meet her ex-owners, who I dont have a lot of respect for, since if the rescue teams dont take them, they put them to sleep as soon as their usefulness to the hunt is done...

She is a happy, healthy, adjusted home dog now...not all issues are handled, but most are within my control. and I WILL give them all the hell
I can muster, and THAT'S A LOT!!

AND the Rescue SocietY is behind me...when I got the email, from the hunt
club, my email response was "WANNA FIGHT???"

They WILL learn to NOT TAKE ME ON!!!!

:evilbat: :evilbat: :evilbat: :evilbat: :evilbat:

WE'RE BBBAAACCCKKK!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well, that was interesting....it was nice to see the people I adopted her from, and the other foxhounds again. I took Freebee too....she got along really well, with most of the other dogs, which kinda surpised me....
Laurel was very happy to see everybody, wagging that whiplash tail at warp speed...until the guy from the kennel club came out. Freebee disliked him instantly, and went on checkpoint. Laurel became less happy, and while still wagging, it was more hesitant and leery...until he walked up to
me.....Freebee growled, Laurel bayed, and once she started, all of the other foxhounds HAD to join in! It became a complete bayfest!! Now I'm sure there was nothing really wrong with this guy, when all the clamour died down we did talk...and I'm certain both dogs sensed I went IN with an attitude, and that's what set them off. I went in sparring for a fight, and
both he and the dogs knew it.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

anyway...he looked over Laurel, I showed him some of the things I have taught her, let her and Freebee and some select few other dogs run around and chase each other...Freebee eventually gave in and let him pet her, once I toned down a bit...He asked if she was always this ballistic, and I answered "only when I am...." and he laughed. I explained to him that I adopted Laurel housebroken, with basic obedience already trained, and gave all that credit to HELP. My issues with her were her fear, and my son, both of which she is getting over nicely. Other people had brought their adopted foxhounds too, and he interviewed all of them.

At the end, he explained that someone had adopted a hound from another foxhound rescue society...promising that the dog was child friendly (and they are for the most part) but the family that adopted him had toddlers.
And most people here know that big dogs and toddlers are a bad combo, if you're not watching them all the time. This dog knocked the little girl over, and she broke her arm...it was an accident, he didnt bite her or anything, just basically bowled her over running to the door. Parents were NOT in the room at the time.

That set off a heated discussion about the type of people who get dogs, and why. It was like being here in the chat room. All in all, it ended up well. The hunt club agreed to continue to let the dogs be adopted to
the rescue socieities, but they are now taking a hand in checking up on the adopters as well...he was in agreement that these dogs do not belong in households with toddlers unless under constant supervision, because they move like ligthning once they get started, and their tail alone could hurt a small child. I showed him the bruises on my leg from her tail, a lot of other owners have them as well.

Now for the bad news.....the batteries died on my web cam after about 4 pictures....I got new battereis on the way home, but it's not looking good. They didnt come out well at all. I am going to try to enhance them and post them, but it's not looking good so far....

:cry: :cry: