Dogomania

Laurel says Spring is Here!!

courtnek

When I got her, I was told that she needed "a lot of room to run"....because she was field trialed and was used to running alot. In fact, it was a requirement to adopt her that I have a large, fenced in yard, or had somewhere I could take her to run. I have the yard, so they agreed to the adoption.

However, I have never seen her run.....trot, yes...but never an all out run. Now admittedly, she was scared of everything when I got her, and it's taken me six months to get her acclimated to me and to here....also, she doesnt like the bitter cold we had been having, since her fur is so short...

Today it's 60 degrees out. I let them in the yard, and went out and threw Freebee's favorite ball for her. As usual, she sat by my side while Freebee fetched, but today, she kept looking up at me everytime I threw it. So I said "GO get Freebee! Go Play!!"

and then I stared in absolute amazement...she did 9 laps around the yard at breakneck speed, rounding corners like she was attached to the ground on rails...jumping over fallen tree branches, loping around behnd the shed and then back and all over again......she even got Freebee to chase her. I wish I had a video camera, it was a sight to see. Without a single incident, without losing a step or a beat. She could have done agility easily. Watchng her leap 4 feet off the ground over the fallen limbs was amazing....Now I dont know if I want to get rid of it, it's good exercise for her....a tree got hit by lightning and lost this huge 8 inch round limb with tons of branches on it, and it's laying in the back of the yard. Watching her round the corners and jump like that, for the first time I think an 80 x60 back yard is too small....

:o :o :o :o

Good for Laurel for wanting to get out and go. :D

My gang, on the other hand, all noted the nice Spring weather (80's here). Yup, nice weather, grass is growing, flowers, bugs and all that comes with it. Now open the freaking door and let us back inside. We've had enough of Spring.

Laurel has some sense about her. :wink:

LOL@HF and Malamum!!!

My malamute was like that. All winter he would lay outside in the snow and freezing cold, just watching the world go by....

come summer, he would insist on coming in immediately after "business", and then lay on the couch under the air conditioner.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Yay! Go Laurel! Sounds like she had fun! :D
I went out with Coal yesterday to play frisbee, it's REALLY slushy though so I had to throw it where we had lots of snow, meaning I would have to trudge through the snow to grab it whenever he found something else that caught his eye and distracted him :roll: needless to say, by the time we came inside I was SOAKED! I can't believe how much the snow is melting! Him and I both did a dive after the frisbee and I went SLLLLLIDING through slush, soaked from head to toe, but I won! :lol: That's all that matters :wink: