Dogomania

Another dog park story

Daisysmom

I had this yuppy couple yesterday at the park who let thier dog jump all over me about 6 times!!!!!! I had a big waterbottle with a drinking bowl attached and when I gave my three a drink, this poor dog was so thirsty. So, of course I gave him a drink. He was soooooooo thristy. But then he wouldn't leave me alone!!! So I was trying to give him more but he was jumping all over me... The couple just said "don't do that Corky, Oh, he is so thirsty. We gave him a drink BEFORE we left" BEFORE THEY LEFT!! It was warm, he is running and playing, AND THEY HAD NO WATER FOR HIM!!! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind sharing, but I have three dogs, and ONE bottle of water. Some people just don't think. They are total [__________ ___________s] Again, your choice there!!! The worst thing was, when I said, "Oh, I guess it's time to get the coat dry cleaned" they still didn't pull him down!!! I just kept brushing the mud off :evil: The guy told me they never worry about getting dirty at the dog park!!! I said, "WELL, MY THREE DON'T JUMP ON ME!!!" They finally left!!! Thank Dog!!!!

Well, we had fun any way!@!! Jake met a cute brindle boxer and they ran up and down the park together!! It was so cute. They were both the same age and had the same energy level :lol:

:Dog_run:

Ah yes, jumping. Bad enough the dog I'm babysitting does it every time he sees you but at the park with mud?? I would be pi$$ed and I would not have any problem letting the yuppies know it, in fact I have let people know how I feel before. In a non threatenin but firm voice just tell them that you don't appreciate their dog jumping on you and they must get it off. So far this has worked for me. Most parks have rules about controlling your dog anyway. Not everyone trains their dogs and think it's fine to let theirs jump all over everyone.

Paula & Re-Run

[quote]Most parks have rules about controlling your dog anyway[/quote]
This one does too!! We even have to pay yearly dues (which I'm sure most people don't pay), but there really isn't anyone around to enforce the rules. I was "pi$$ed"!!! But, went about telling them in a round-about way :oops: