Dogomania

"these dogs are killing each other!"

pei obssessed

We were walking in the park, and Hippo wsa play-wrestling with a German Shepard mix (friend of hers)... Now we, the owners, were a little ahead of the two dogs, and were turned back looking at them and calling them to come along and continue our walk together, when two women who were just passing by (with no dogs) said to us: "These dogs are killing each other, do something!" :lol: They were genuinely concerned--though the two dogs weren't making any noise at all... We told them they were just playing, but they stopped and continued to stare at the two of them until the dogs came running and got in front of us so we could continue walking...
This is one of the funniest things that ever happenned to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

unfortunately, most people cant tell real aggression from play aggression...
all dogs show "aggression" while playing..they are setting the pack rules...
and usually it's harmless... most people couldnt tell the difference...

even in a real pack, the dogs show agression to each other, without harm..
it's "posturing" and usuallt nothing bad comes of it...

at least they cared enough to say something...I give them an "A" for caring enough to say somehting, although there was no real threat...

My neighbors reported my Foxhounds baying as a "dog in pain..."

it's annoying, but I give them the benefit of the doubt becasue they cared...

Guest Anonymous

LOL.
One of my dogs LOVES to hang from trees. He'll jump right up and grab onto a limb and hang there for hours. There was one day a lady was driving by and yelled out her window that she was going to call the police if I didnt get the dog off the tree. Well, she called and they came. The cops decided he was doing it on his own and was enjoying it. They watched for about a half hour then went on their way. Another time, same dog, a lady called the police and told them someone was trying to hang a dog in a tree. They knew it was me but came by to let me know about the call and to watch him hang for a while.
The first lady was just being an a-hole but the second who called was actually concerned.

I have a freind who is a real animal lover but has very little experience with multiple dogs. She actually comes to my house to visit my dogs - she always brings them liver treats and lets them jump up and lick and generally spoils them rotten - they of course adore her. Anyway, she was visiting and the boys got to playing with full sound track and you should have seen the worried look on her face. Even after she realized they were playing she seemed very tense, she didn't want to stop them because they were having fun but she was still worried they'd get hurt. :D She is such a softy and a dear person. I redirected the buys to playing tug with each other so she could relax.