Dogomania

greyhounds...

izzy

I just read an awful story about the greyhounds used for race and hunt mostly in Spain (i don't know if in other countries do the same).

When the dog is about 2 or 3 years old the owners KILL THEM by hanging them!!... because the dogs are no more useful for the sport... sometimes do it just at the end of the race season. Other way to get rid of the dogs is just not feeding them... in Spain this people kills about 20,000 greyhounds a year!!!... :evil:

here's a link where you can see this horrible fact... sorry, i know it's in spanish, but until now i can't find something about this in english :oops:

[url]http://www.refugiokimba.org/noticias/galgos.html[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

This article is not about greyhounds, but about galgo espanole. It is a spanish sighthound....

It is very sad, but it is very popular in this country, in other countries it not happened. I watched a film with greyhounds and I know that in GB 3 years old greys are without home, because they are not useful on races so the are to adoption.

I have a polish sighthound (Chart Polski) and I can1t imagine how I could give him in 3, 5 or even 15 years old. I adore him and for me it is awful to give dog to someone because he is not useful...

Guest Anonymous

Here, you can see one of these wonderful dogs, Galgos Espanol, Alejandra Little Lobitto from Germany:

[img]http://www.galgo.de/wir/wir_alex.jpg[/img]

• 4 months later...