Dogomania

MY toller......

Duke_3

You need to stop looking at every breed & saying I want this one or that one. Bulldogs aren't laid back, lazy dogs like you said. They can be very hard to handle & the play hard. Our neighbor had a bully, Porter & she spent more money on him then she did her kids. And Toller, from what I read need alot of exersise!

Also you need to get Duke trained to stay, that's what happened to Sassy, she didn't listen to the stay comand when she got out the door, she got hit by a car, lost her leg & latter she had to be put to sleep. Do you want Duke to get hurt by wandering all over?

I'm sorry guys. I know i have duke now, and Is hould be taking more care of him. ANd i taught hima new trick today. NAd i was playing with him, and giving him treats for his old tricks and commands as well.

And i'm sorry you all are really really hating this right now, and im gonna delete this post soon cauase every time i read it it makes me cry becase not one of you is happy for me. ANd not one of you is really understnading why i want anohter dog, so fine mabey i jsut wont get one it will make all you happy. And im sorry i ever brought up even the stupid idea of getting another dog because CLEARLY it was the wrong thing to do.

Guest Anonymous

Lexie, no body hates you, or hates the idea of you getting a dog. No one yelled, no one got mad execept you. Besides, you can't delete a whole thread anyway, only the high arche can do it :wink:
Go back and read my post on the English Bulldog thing, I tried to clear things up there... hopefully you will read it and understnad what I'm saying, because I've already explained it all about 50 times... so please... just... read it, and don't think everyone's picking on you, throw that away in your head, and just go through all the ADVICE (not picking on you) that everyone has given you, and think things through... just... read my post on there, I tried to explain everything there, and I hope you get it... if not, meh, I tried, several times. I need to go to bed now, it's been a long, horrible day for me too, and i have a killer headache, I've had to write out a LOT tonight, trying to help you see things straight on here, and one to help Jared see things straight. Is it just me? :lol: Do I just confuse and piss people off tonight or what?! :lol: :niewiem:

Guest Anonymous

i'm sorry.. dont want to step on any toes. my JMHO i think that lexie should just stick with Duke.. i think you should just focus your time on Him, what's goign to happent o him whe yhou get a new doG? just left in the dust? it sounds as though you are "trading one dog in for another"
i feelyou should just stick with Duke right now..

[quote name='Duke_3']I'm sorry guys. I know i have duke now, and Is hould be taking more care of him. ANd i taught hima new trick today. NAd i was playing with him, and giving him treats for his old tricks and commands as well.

And i'm sorry you all are really really hating this right now, and im gonna delete this post soon cauase every time i read it it makes me cry becase not one of you is happy for me. ANd not one of you is really understnading why i want anohter dog, so fine mabey i jsut wont get one it will make all you happy. And im sorry i ever brought up even the stupid idea of getting another dog because CLEARLY it was the wrong thing to do.[/quote]
:o :o :o :o :o :o
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Duke, the above post just prooves to me and i am sure many others that you need to just spend the time with the dog you have now, teaching a dog a new trick will not stop him being run over or stolen when he is roaming around.
You are obviously still very young and maybe enjoying your childhood
would be a better passtime for you (you are only young once)
Go find Duke and give him a hug, promise him you wont let him down.
Put the urges for another puppy away for now and proove to duke and yourself you can be a responsible dog owner, duke needs you, loves you,
and deserves to be number one.

Lexie,

From what you have said about your parents I can tell you they sound an aweful lot like my husband. Rich has fought me tooth and nail from the begining of our relatationship on the animal issue. And that, to me at least, is very sad. People like them will never know the abundant amount of joy that comes from the pets we choose to bring into our lives. Now, please, bear with me as I try to explain some of the things I have gone through and still deal with on a daily bases with Rich.

Rich grew up in a home that left ALL animals outside. This is only a problem because my husband was and still is very much a computer geek. He never went outside much as a child. His mom has always hated animals in her home (it's the housebreaking and training issue with her). She will not tolerate Felix or Kusac for long in my home. I tell you this because I feel it has direct bearing on Rich's difficulties with four-legged creatures. As Felix is just a little over a year old and Kusac (my kitten, that I got for him :roll: ) is around 6 months old they are still babies in my eyes and accidents happen. Frequently! Rich will fly off the handle everytime an accident happens. And I mean fly! He gets upset enough to start screaming that he will get rid of them if it happens again. :evil: Never mind the fact that we have two boys 4 yrs and 13 months and they have as many accidents in the house as the animals. :agrue: Life in general is never peaceful around here. Felix makes a break for it as often as your Duke does and I have to leave my children alone in the house while I chase him down. I don't dare let someone else try to catch him... I'm afraid I might never get him back. :cry: When ever Rich trys to help me, Felix runs farther and farther away. (Rich tends to *run* after Felix.) I feed, bathe, try to train, and keep up with my house chores every day. And, yet, it's never enough as far as my husband is concerned.

It took over 5 years of research and patient waiting and explaining until I was able to get Rich to agree to getting a dog. After finding a breed I felt fit best into our life style and met ALL of Rich's requirments I started looking really, really, really hard at the breed. I found and thourghly scanned breeder site after site, not to mention various club sites. Basically, I spent 5 years getting to know my dog's breed. I regret NONE of it. When I wasn't researching I was doing everything I possibly could to prove to him that I not only could but WOULD be able to properly care for and love a dog.

I've ranted on enough. But before I go I want you to know that I support you getting another dog. I ask only that you be extremely patient and never give up. You will get a puppy someday. It may take years longer then you would like and you may have a lot of growing up to do before you can get your puppy but you won't regret a minute of it. Strengthen your bond with Duke in the mean time and when the day finally arrives for that new puppy to enter your life, Duke will be there to love it as much as you love him.

Good Luck!! Remember Dogo is always here to answer questions and support you and your animal loves. :iloveyou: :angel:

Amanda, Felix, & Kusac :iloveyou: :user: :angel:

Guest Anonymous

GREAT post atghylin! :klacz:
Along with K, and many other wonderful woman on this site ( :wink: ) you are now up there in "SUPER WOMAN" on my list :wink: