Dogomania

Show today

imported_Kat

Today Meg and I went to our first show handling competition, since flukily qualifying for the triathlon at Crufts which involves show handling obedience and agility. I thought we should have a bit of experience really.

Meg was a wee dream. She still thinks I'm a buck eejit for standing her and gives me a look that says "this is weird Mum but if you want to do it then I'll go along with you". She stood so nicely and her movements were very fluent. It came to the placings and in a class of 14 other dogs she was placed 1st! I'm so delighted!! The judge was a guy from England and said that I have a great rapport with her and that she gave back to me what I gave to her, which made him very happy as that was what he was looking for today. I told him that I have absolutely no experience in show-handling after the comp and he was so surprised and said that I was natural and aided with a dog that was very willing to please. Meg just goes along with whatever her idiot Mum wants to do lol!