Dogomania

Yard Odour

DogPaddle

You could use a diluted lysol solution (I'd do 1:10 to start with) to wash with and than rinse real well afterward. That should take care of the odor. Just rinse thoroughly when you're done applying the lysol solution. Also, you shouldn't have to do the Lysol thing as often as just hosing down with water. I would try Lysol about once a week and see how that works.

Guest Anonymous

i recommend an enzyme cleaner like "nature's miracle". they do not mask odors but actually break down the odor causing organic substances and completely neutralize the "stink". they are also environmentally friendly - you can use them as often as needed and they don't harm you, your animals or plants.

i would use it undiluted for the first two applications and after that apply a 50/50 solution. the stuff is left on to dry, not washed off, so hose the area down first to get it cleaned up, then use the enzyme product.

i use this in an enclosed patio where my cats have their litterboxes and it works extremely well. if you have dogs and cats you will know that cat pee has a much worse and persistent stink. :oops:

[quote name='Malamum']As well as using a cleaning solutions like already suggested, how about some nice fragrent plants. You could put them in hanging baskets so the dogs can't eat them.[/quote]
:o malamum, I'm guessing you must never get winter! here the temperatures are already dropping below zero now--and probably for more than half a year any plant left outside would die :D all I can say is: some people are lucky!!!! :lol:

[quote]I just realized the irony of your having a malamute who doesn't get to see snow [/quote]

I know... I feel terrible about it. We do get snow in Australia but only in certain parts. I get to see snow every year when we go skiing but I can't take Indy :(

If I could, I would drive him down (6 hours away) just so he could play in it. But it's only high enough for snow in the national park and dogs aren't allowed in our national parks :x (stupid irresponsible people ruining things for everyone else).