Dogomania

Blind/Black Lab/3 mnths needs rescue/home UPDATED

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just recieved an urgent email from a lady that has a Pit Bull by the name of "Pugs" in her shelter. We have been talking trying to get Pugs into a rescue situation, because his time is running out.

She has found a three month old, purebred Black Lab who was [b]dumped[/b] by his owners because he is [i]blind[/i]. It's an [b]urgent[/b] situation. The pupper is in Iowa, and I am wondering if...

1. Anyone has any links or contacts for a Labrador Retriever rescue? (doesn't have to be in Iowa, the situation is [b]urgent [/b]so any help will be wonderful)

2. Anyone has any links or contacts for rescues that will take a special needs dog? Or better yet a rescue that takes only blind dogs?

3. If anyone would like to adopt him themselves? (Come on Dogo! :wink: )

[b]Thanks![/b] Nic

I have an [b]urgent[/b] situation with another dog....This is all the information I have. Please contact the rescuer for more information.

"Its a bitter sweet situation for this very sweet and lovable well behaved dog. I first became aware of this black lab when her owners turned in a litter of pups. They had promised to get her fixed I even gave them the money and arranged for them to get a discount at my vets office. They pocketed the money and did not get her spayed as they were to. I checked with the locale AC but nothing could be done to get her to safety. Well this fall we got a call, from the landlord, they were behind in rent and had moved out and abandon Sassy under the porch with a litter of 10 puppies and no water or food. The landlord and his wife being the wonderful people they are took them to there house and have cared for them all this time. Sassy knows now that life can be wonderful. However her foster parents have dogs of there own and could not keep 11 dogs more. All 10 of Sassy puppies have found wonderful home and now Sassy is ready for a wonderful forever home or an appropriate rescue. She is maybe 2 years old, is housebroke as far as we can tell, is good with other dogs, very well behaved. If you think you can help Sassy to the perfect life contact us please. She doesn't have many options left."

[b][email protected] or [email][email protected][/email] [/b]

Guest Anonymous

Nic here is a link to a GREAT Lab forum (the link takes you straight to the rescue corner).. You should be able to find something or someone there!!!
There are links to rescues EVERYWHERE for Labbers !!
Good Luck and let me know what happens!! :wink:

[url]http://www.justlabradors.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=205[/url]

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Sharpeigirl and Jacsmom. I will keep you updated on what happens with the wee pupper. I don't understand why anyone would dump any dog for being blind. Geez! :(

Guest Anonymous

I know, no one would want Sassy with only 3 legs :( I bet the poor boy has no idea why he's in a place where he doesn't have any idea that his human's won't be comeing back for him :(

THAT'S SO STUPID....

I had a friend in HS who had a blind, three legged dog (some idiot farmer shot off the 4th one) and he was fine!!! He ran almost as fast as any other dog, and since, except for sight hounds, most dogs respond to sound and scent, it was never an issue for him. He lived to a rip old age of 13 at 90 lbs and was happy his entire life, without sight and three legs....

The Lab rescues I'm sure will pick him up. Once he's adjusted to being sightless, his nose will take over and he will scent to find his way around.
Lab's are scent dogs anyway. They use their noses to find the bird once it's downed....vision has a little to do with it as well, but in a house dog it wont matter.

DAL has the hard job...since most dogs use their noses and ears to get around, her's has lost a very valuable tool.....

people can be SOOOOO stupid....

:evil: :evil: :evil: