Dogomania

Bow-Lingual

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Sorry if this is a repost... :oops:

Tonight a commercial came on for this Bow-lingual thing that translates your dogs barks! i had to look into it. ...

this is so fricken cool :multi: lol

[i]" Analyzes your dogs barks to determine
wich of six emotions it is feeling, Happy, Sad, Fustraited, on-guard,
assertive, and needy. The Bow-Lingual then provides a phrase based on
the emotion, to represent what your dog is trying to say"[/i]

I can look at my little mimi and know what shes thinking most of the time,
but it would be nice to have my thoughts confermed (Sp)

here is the web site i found for it...

[url]http://www.takara-usa.com/bowlingual.html[/url]

does anyone here have this thing yet??? what do you think? just another piece of junk for the x-mas season or what?
i REALLY want to get one...lol

~PawPaw~

Guest Anonymous

just another gimmick that will cause people to anthropomorphize (and possibly misunderstand) dogs even more than they do already, instead of making the effort of tuning in to the dog's body language and expressions and actually learning from them. if it was $30 or so i would say it's probably worth the laugh for a day or two, but at $80 to $120, thanks but no thanks. i would also think it would be very irritating to the poor dog who has to wear that thing and have it blare out something at each bark/whine/sneeze and god knows what else.

everyone i talked to about this thing agreed that spending the money on a good book about human-canine communication (personally i like "the other end of the leash" by patricia mcconnell) or an obedience or agility class instead will teach you much more understanding for your companion than a little gadget with a microchip.

for what it's worth, my 2 cents.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Anonymous']just another gimmick that will cause people to anthropomorphize (and possibly misunderstand) dogs even more than they do already, instead of making the effort of tuning in to the dog's body language and expressions and actually learning from them. if it was $30 or so i would say it's probably worth the laugh for a day or two, but at $80 to $120, thanks but no thanks. i would also think it would be very irritating to the poor dog who has to wear that thing and have it blare out something at each bark/whine/sneeze and god knows what else.

everyone i talked to about this thing agreed that spending the money on a good book about human-canine communication (personally i like "the other end of the leash" by patricia mcconnell) or an obedience or agility class instead will teach you much more understanding for your companion than a little gadget with a microchip.

for what it's worth, my 2 cents.[/quote]

Agree 100%! :wink: Personally I don't believe in machines that "translate" your dog's body language and you bark. A machine cannot think, it doesn't have a brain, things can go wrong. They always do. Stupid owners would think a dog is sad when it is happy or vice versa... nope, don't believe in these things at all......and one more thing .... if you - aaa help! call 911

Guest Anonymous

I think this is an expensive novelty gadget. But anyone who has a dog knows that his various barks mean something. I know by his bark when Gusto wants to go out and a different bark for someone is coming down the drive, another bark for a squirrel invading his yard, yet another for help me I lost my toy under the sofa (for the 10th time today). It's more than body language but I think we have to each know our own individual dog.

I just saw a comercial for it last night. I thought it was the funniest thing ever! Obviously some little toy isn't going to tell you what your dog is realy thinking, but I think it' kinda funny. I'd probabaly buy it just for the heck of it, and if it was cheap :lol: .