Dogomania

The Dogs Love Raw, The Cats . . . not so much!

DogPaddle

I have been switching the boys over to raw and they are loving it. My fav. pet food store has [size=7][color=red]2[/color][/size] brands of frozen raw diets, both sans grains! I have told myself they are just in case I run out of my own . . . or am travelling (where there is refrigeration) they come in containers like paper ice cream tubs . . . or if I'm feeling a bit lazy . . . or if I admit that the dogs like the store brand more than mine sometimes :oops:
Anyway they also have 2 feline raw frozen diets so I was very excited and brought some home for Mroo and Eowyn my 13 and 12 year old Siamese kitties . . . you'd think I was trying to kill them, they actually ran from it :lol: (I did mix it with their old cat food 1:5) I can see I'm going to have to be more creative and sneaky with the girls than I was with the boys. Maybe I'll try beef instead of chicken - Mroo always begs for the seasoned ground beef I fry up for tacos :roll:

I have been *trying* to swap my two cats to raw....One crunches the bones with gusto and the other gnawed and chewed and gave up. I looked in the second one's mouth....she does not have many teeth left. In fact it looks like granpa's mouth without his dentures. :-? So, for her I chop/mince/puree as needed. I am not feeding them store bought raw, though, just parts of Kalebs meals.

My cats eat kibble. :oops:

I have tried 3 times now to get them to eat any real food. The last time, my older 7.5 lb cat didn't eat for 8 days!!!! :o

So I give up, for good this time. They eat Wellness and its a great kibble. I'd prefer they ate raw, but they are both adult rescues, the older one who seems to just as soon die before giving up her kibble.

Good luck!!