Dogomania

wellness vs. innova

mydogroxy

They are both wonderful foods. The main difference between the two is calorie content. Wellness (even the puppy formula) has calories ranging from 325-380/cup. Calories for Innova are well over 500/cup. This is not a problem but definitely something to consider if changing from one to the other. You would feed considerably less Innova than Wellness. Some say that Innova is higher in calories because the food is more digestible. Meaning they use more of what they eat.

I started Mary on Wellness and she liked it at first but grew tired of it, I also dont think she is very fond of fish and it is pretty fishy. I have her on Solid Gold Mmellinnia now and she LOVES it.

I feed Indy Innova, basically becuase it's the only good quality kibble I can find here. I generally mix it with something like yoghurt or pureed fruit or a raw egg etc or he will just eat it plain - he is not a fussy eater at all.

I think they are both good foods and Roxy should do well on either one.

If you can find the Innova web site they have a comparison wizzard which compares the ingredients of different foods, it is quite interesting. (Unfortuntatly I am at work at the moment so don't have time to search for the link)

yes, i've done that comparison wizard a million times! lol. she's pretty much been ignoring her food again this week and it's time to restock. right now i've got it down between innova and the chicken soup. both look really good so i don't know. i'm leaning a little more toward innova just because it's more established.