Dogomania

breeders and past breeders

Angelboddy

I use to be a past breeder of shih tzu's. The petfiner board tells me that i sould have never been a breeder and i probally was a bad one. :evil: They say this because of how i have had my pup since she was 5 weeks old. I explained the situation that my friend the breeder was in and also the pup. But they still say that i and my friend have no right to be breeders. I just though this was wrong for them to judge us when they don't fully know the conditions and situation. It made me feel like a bad owner! :cry: Now i know it is wrong to give up a pup at earlier then 8 weeks old. But i feel at certain situations it's ok. Everyone has a right to their own opinions, But they went to far.

[quote]The petfiner board tells me that i sould have never been a breeder and i probally was a bad one. They say this because of how i have had my pup since she was 5 weeks old. [/quote]

I don't understand how your purchasing a pup that was 5 weeks old from another breeder relates to your own breeding practices & ethics???

On the other hand if you are selling your own dogs pups at 5 weeks of age I can see how some people wouldn't understand this.......

[color=blue]People will judge anyone just because they think they want to start something. Ignore them. If you believe you were a responsible breeder, then that's what you were (of course, I know that you, being a dog lover like you are, are just not being ignorant about it or anything :wink: ) I think you should ignore these people. Especially on a board like petfinder, where the main goal is to adopt animals, when they see someone was a breeder, its an automatic negative thought about you.

[quote]Now i know it is wrong to give up a pup at earlier then 8 weeks old. But i feel at certain situations it's ok.[/quote]
However, I don't agree with this. The breeder solds Mickey to us when he was 7 weeks old. How much younger than 8 weeks did you sell them at?[/color]

I or my friend did not sell any pup til they we're 8 weeks of age. They were just mad because of the fact that i fostered this pup at 5 weeks then at 8 weeks of age I bought her from my friend. I took the pup over to my friends home every couple of days to let her be with the other pups and mom. I just took care of her and made sure she was getting food and the extra care that she needed. I was not planning on buying her, but i got so attached to her that i could not give her up. Even after all the pups were gone, i still brought her over to see her mom every once in a while. But we moved a year ago so we can't see her mommy no more. :cry:

[img]http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/9/83/55/74698355yjNKhO_th.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Angelboddy']I or my friend did not sell any pup til they we're 8 weeks of age. They were just mad because of the fact that i fostered this pup at 5 weeks then at 8 weeks of age I bought her from my friend. I took the pup over to my friends home every couple of days to let her be with the other pups and mom. I just took care of her and made sure she was getting food and the extra care that she needed. I was not planning on buying her, but i got so attached to her that i could not give her up. Even after all the pups were gone, i still brought her over to see her mom every once in a while. But we moved a year ago so we can't see her mommy no more. :cry:

[img]http://thumbs.webshots.com/sym/na3/9/83/55/74698355yjNKhO_th.jpg[/img][/quote]

[color=indigo]Okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't sure of what you meant before. :D [/color]