Dogomania

What's so special about your dog?

What is it about dogs that make them so special to you guys?

For me, it all became really clear when my mum said that she would much rather have a human baby in the house (I am always calling Cosmic my baby) because they grow up, learn stuff and become smart enough to fend for themselves.

But I LOVE that dogs NEVER grow up. They are always such clowns, always like babies - all of them, even the ones so old that their muzzles are white, they can't walk right and they keep bumping into stuff. :crazyeyes: But they still greet the people they love with huge grins and wriggly, waggy tails and they are NEVER like us humans, who grow old and (sometimes) become mean and grouchy. :evil:

I've been thinking a lot about the seinfeld jokes that crested posted:

[quote]A dog will stay stupid. That's why we love them so much. The entire time we know them, they're idiots. Think of your dog. Everytime you come home , he thinks it's amazing. He has no idea how you accomplish this every day. You walk in the door, the joy of this experience overwhelms him. He looks at you, HE'S BACK, IT'S THAT GUY, THAT SAME GUY. He can't believe it. Everything is amazing to your dog. ANOTHER CAN OF FOOD? I DON'T BELIEVE IT.

Dogs want to be people. That's what their lives are about. They don't like being a dog. They're with people all the time, they want to graduate. My dog would sit there all day, he would watch me walk by, he would think to himself, I COULD DO THAT! HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

That's why the greatest, most exciting moment in the life of a dog is the front seat of your car. You and him in the front seat. It's the only place where your head and his are on the exact same level. He sits up there, he thinks, THIS IS MORE LIKE IT. YOU AND ME TOGETHER, THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. He looks out the front. What's he looking at? He's a dog. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE - A RIGHT OR A LEFT? I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE I AM.

They have a hard time. They stand up, they sit down, they can't handle the turn either way. No matter which way you turn, he's not ready. They don't know what to do. And then comes the great moment of frustration. You stop someplace and get something to eat. This kills him. You get a hamburger, this blows his mind. INSTANT FOOD WHENEVER YOU WANT IT? You know what this means to him? You ever see the look on his face? He looks over at you. HOW'D YOU GET THAT? ARE THEY GIVING IT TO EVERYBODY NOW? YOU THINK I COULD GET ONE? They can't get anything.

Dogs have no money. Isn't that amazing? They're broke their entire lives. But they get through. You know why dogs have no money?

No pockets.

[/quote]

That's all so funny and true!!! :D :D :D How is it they manage to sidestep all that nasty stuff about life and stay the way they are???? :silly: :silly: It's mind boggling!! :o I LOVE how different they are from humans and all that other stuff, the slobbering, butt licking, furry faces, huge sloppy grins etc. etc. etc. just makes them even sillier and cuter!!! :) :) :) And it's hard for me to understand why my mum can't see that. :cry:

Most of all, it's unbelivable that 2 such perfect creatures could love ME. :oops: I'm glad they're not human babies, that they won't grow up and learn all the bad stuff about this world. This way, they'll always be MINE!!! :evilbat:

What a nice post :wink:

It is nice to be needed ...I went through a very bad time a few years back, and what got me through was the fact I had to get up every morning and feed the dogs, and walk them...they kept me going through that time and it amazes me how they were still excited that I woke up every morning...they don't care about about the big problems in life...as long as they have love, food and plenty of walks...my obligation to them helped me focus on some thing other than myself...and it's amazing how I started appreciating the small things in life...and that big problems can & will set you back, but if you take that focus off those problems things always get better. It also seemed that my dogs made more of an effort to cheer me up by being extra silly and cute...

Guest Anonymous

Bar non the number one reason my dog is special to me is the way he wigs out when i come home from work. he whines and rolls in the floor and then jumps up and runs full speedfrom the living room to the dining room and back like 8 times. it is the cutest thing in the world and it makes me feel better. No matter how crappy my day was when i get in the house it all goes away instantly, dogs are the ultimate pick me up and stress reliever. My girlfriend isnt even that happy to see me.... ever. when the last time any one of us did backflips when our signifigant others got home?
:black:

:D

Top Ten reasons dogs are so special!

10. Puppy breath

9. First steps outside

8. First bath/swim

7. First trip to toy store

6. Obedience classes

5. Pouty eyes and whines for play time or walk

4. Wagging dog when I come home

3. Curling up on the couch together

2. Wet kisses anytime for anything

And the number one reason

[color=red][size=6]UNCONDITIONAL LOVE![/size][/color]

:angel:

Aww, I sometimes I wish I were a dog, they are so carefree, and happy all the time! Sigh...
I feel as though I have had Kodi forever, I cant imagine life without a dog, I really dont get people who are like, anti-dogs, and say 'I hate dogs'
How can you hate dogs?! I cant understand people who dont go all soppy and stupid when they see a puppy! I have a friend who wont even look at Kodi, even when he was a little tiny ball of fluff! He LOVED her though, it was really sad! :o She used to scream whenever he jumped up at her.........Stupid cat person.... :roll:

:lol:

[quote]I have a friend who wont even look at Kodi, even when he was a little tiny ball of fluff! He LOVED her though, it was really sad! She used to scream whenever he jumped up at her.........Stupid cat person.... [/quote]

Don't worry snowpaws it sounds like Kodi knows your friend is a good person and he wants to be the one to let the Dog Mom out. I use to be the same way about puppy kisses, Eeeww, Gross, now I know better and cherish the kiss Sally gives me every evening when I get home. Here's how it goes.

When I get home my roommate lets the dogs out to great me, Sally runs to the car door, waits for me to open the door, jumps up, gives me a kiss and off she goes.

:angel:

Good topic. Let's see:

1) They love us no matter how we look;
2) They love us even if we're having a bad day;
3) If you're away 10 minutes, they act as though they haven't seen you in a year and joyously come to your side;
4) They understand our moods and know when something is bothering us;
and most of all,
5) They brighten up our lives.

:) Having said that, I feel like giving them a hug right now. Too bad I'm at work :(

There are so many reasons that my dog is special to me. I got him at a time when I was realy down *stinky boyfrind broke up w/ me :x *. BUt somehow Zebra made everything all better. He gave me responsibility and taught me how to be giving and unselfish. Everytime i'm sad or need to cry he is there for me. My dog is better than all my friends combined. He will never lie to me, yell at me, make fun of me. He always listens and never critisizes. And he never laughed at me when my hair was a strange colour. Oh I can go on and on..but I think the best reason why Zebra is so special to me is because he will always love me no matter what. :angel:

My dog is special because....

He picks up things around the house without me asking him!

If i drop something he will get it for me.

If i want the remote, he gets it for me.

If i say "my feet are cold", he gets my slippers

He never lies to me, not ever!

He tells on the cat if she is into something.

He keeps [b]boogie men [/b]away at nite!

you know what? isnt [b]my man [/b]suppose to do all that stuff?! :hmmmm:

I LOVE MY CASEY SO MUCH :loveu:

Cassie and crested, I'm glad you like my post. ;)

There can never be too many reasons, so keep em' coming!!! :P

[quote]He picks up things around the house without me asking him!

If i drop something he will get it for me.

If i want the remote, he gets it for me.

If i say "my feet are cold", he gets my slippers

He never lies to me, not ever!

He tells on the cat if she is into something.

He keeps boogie men away at nite!

[/quote]

I'll exchange my bf for a dog like that!! :P Nah, no really, but it's SO TEMPTING!!! :wink:

Beautiful Border Collie, does your dog understand multiple commands when you use sentences? ("my feet are cold") I understand from books and most people that we're supposed to keep our commands short (2-syllable usually) so it's easier for them. Tell us how he "tells on the cat"!!! :P