Dogomania

Thinking of adopting again

WiccanLove

DP/WL- how do you pronounce Tyr? I've meant to ask for a while now. :oops:

The publican where our band used to play had a Rotty puppy called Tier (pronounced tee-air) which meant "beast" in German. He was the most ADORABLE little thing, we used to go upstairs in our breaks and play with him! :angel: So it is pronounced anything like that?

I guess it would be nordic, I found this on a website.

Old Norse language
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Old Norse was the Germanic language once spoken by the inhabitants of the Nordic countries (for instance during the Viking Age).

Its modern descendants are the West Scandinavian languages of Icelandic, Norwegian, Faroese and the extinct Norn language of the Orkney and the Shetland Islands as well as the East Scandinavian languages of Swedish and Danish. Norwegian was later heavily influenced by East Scandinavian.

Don't we have someone from this region here, they may be able to clarify on how it might be pronounced?

hee hee!

I wonder if anyone else has a dog named "Freebee"?

All of my dogs, except Alex, have had unusual names
(I didnt name Alex...)

Taurus (GR, named for his birthday)
Rasillon (called Raz, irish wolfhound mix, name came from Dr. Who)
Jarvis (border collie/Malamute mix - named because his black and white coat was so laid out that he looked like a butler)
Freebee (so named because they were trying to sell her as a "purebred" German Shepherd, she's a lab mix, and when I pointed that out they let me take her for free)
Alex - I didnt name him
and (the cat)
Saavik (from Star Trek. Turned out he was a male. The poeple I got him from didnt know that apparently and told me he was a she. However, he will only answer to "Pushy" or "Pushycat"....he too, was a rescue. I "named" him before I got him as a kitten)

Cool name!

I adopted Jackie in February 2002, and decided that she needed a sister, so I adopted Maya in October 2002. They fell asleep on the same sofa the first night, and have been best friends ever since! I found both of them on Petfinder too. It's kind of like internet dating. I saw their pictures and fell in love!

Here's a collage of Jackie and Maya's very first day together.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RAAAAKYU3s7Zgyb3S*4h7jU7eTU*Vxh0v9GFet!VfjcZH1jbVy9C6funJ8jNwQ4ekuynG9iNZfd!jiwkLdG22RnaOrum8TzOP2nQx3TcTsE/collage.jpg?dc=4675415885218110270[/img]

I know what it means- but it is also the name of a wine club my dad and a few of his friends created, and that's what bk was named after. "Lightning attack/war" also suits his personality- especially when he used to divebomb Rinny. My uncle was going to do something with the internet (dunno what exactly) so that every time some neo-Nazi web surfer looked up Blitzkrieg, they would get my dog. LOL.

IM BAAAACK!! Here comes trouble! OK, I pronounce Tyr as you would tear but with more of an I sound at the end. Sort of like tire and tear mixed together to make the sound Tyr. It is hard to explain, if only I had a way to have you hear me say it, that'd be nice!