Dogomania

Greyhound adoption

pawpaw

Paw paw Ive been researching greyhounds for a while absolutely love them there are several sites and greyhound forums that are really good if your interested I could post the addresses here .Here in Australia it cost a couple of hundred dollars to adopt but they are already desex microchipped and health checked they also supply muzzels and coats ,so I think in the whole they are not that expensive Im just waiting until Im set up better :lol:

One of my first dogs was a retired racing grey hound, we got her when she was 9 years old. She had made her owners some mega bucks winning on the track, but could never produce good offspring. Her name was black nose and she loved to run. Her eye site began to fail as she aged and there were many times when she would run head long into the pet goat. Her favorite past time was to stand with her head in a bush and rock back and forth, stand on the porch and let the cats jump up on her back so they could reach the deck...and her FAVORITE thing was trying to squeeze her body into a tiny round fleecy bed that was bought for the cat. Only one end at a time could fit of course. She died at 14 from cancer. I still miss her today.

Guest Anonymous

I adopted a retired greyhound a few years ago. Her name is "Venus".

I paid $125 for her adoption, and it included a collar, leash, and possible shots(not sure anymore) I needed to have her spayed, heart worm checked(basically a whole check-up). I'm looking into other adoptions, and the one i'm looking at adopting from in the future charges $250 for a dog, collar, leash, spaying, dental work, shots, heartworm, and a book about greys.

It really depends on what group you go to, and how their adoption process is like. I believe its well worth the money it takes to adopt a grey.

Most greys are house trained, cat/small animal tested, used to stairs, doors, windows, ect because they have been in a foster home. Venus is the perfect dog> She's well behaved, gentle, plays when she wants to, is happy to be let out to run in our yard, and go for a walk a day in the summer. She loves playing with our other dogs(English springer, and chuahaha mix) . I couldn't ask for a more well behaved dog. She's my baby, and I love her to death as well.