Dogomania

Ok.. its a silly question but....

pawpaw

Why does MiMi keep stealing worn underware from the laundry basket?
she steals them, brings them onto the sofa and chews/ licks them
at first i laughed at it, but now.. god forbid someone comes over and sees this... I WOULD DIE :oops: and its not just underware, its worn socks,used tissues and toilet paper, she likes to shred tissue all over the floor when no one is looking, and i swear i watch her like she was a 2 year old baby, but as soon as my head is turned ITS PARTY TIME for her!

what the heck is that all about? its getting kinda gross.. lol

~pawpaw~

anyone ever deal with this?

Because they smell like YOU and the people she loves. I had a dog that used to steal stuff, and wouldnt give it up without showing teeth....

She is insecure, and steals stuff that smells like the people she loves.

Maybe take something that smells like you, a towel, a tee-shirt, and put it in her bed. Make sure she has a bed of her own, and then give her something to keep in it that smells like you.... She just wants to know that you're there...

She may be feeling insecure when you're gone....

A doggie bed with a "smell" will help her. She wont feel so alone...

[quote name='courtnek']Because they smell like YOU and the people she loves. I had a dog that used to steal stuff, and wouldnt give it up without showing teeth....

She is insecure, and steals stuff that smells like the people she loves.

Maybe take something that smells like you, a towel, a tee-shirt, and put it in her bed. Make sure she has a bed of her own, and then give her something to keep in it that smells like you.... She just wants to know that you're there...

She may be feeling insecure when you're gone....

A doggie bed with a "smell" will help her. She wont feel so alone...[/quote]

Her bed is right next to mine and she has about 20 of my hair scrunchies in it..lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
shes very skiddish but i guess thats just the chihuahua in her. i give her 100 % love, but if she wants 100% more then thats what she gets! i will see what happens. every day she makes me laugh at something else.
I just dont want other people laughing and wondering why 6 pairs of mah draws are on the couch! lmao

Try to keep them away from her. I know a dog who got undies stuck in their intestines and had to have surgery!! Also the elastic is very dangerous if swallowed.

I have no idea why certain dogs like certain things. My dog sleeps with us, and is with me 97% of the time. But boy does he love our shoes or socks. Couldn't care less about underwear though. I guess he has a foot fetish!!

I never give my dogs the chance to wear my underwear :lol: Ahem...sorry. They arent allowed to chew items of clothing....shoes etc.
Not only is it dangerous but it encourages bad habits.....and once allowed this....its hard to stop the dog. Mine are only allowed there own toys....but Charlie does chew on an old towel which is his comfy thing, when someone is in the room with him.