Dogomania

True Meaning of Hero

Ickle

Found on the net
Just a short little story that lifted my spirits and brought home once again, the true meaning of HERO.
At my art class yesterday our instructor told us about her son-in-law who is a fireman in a small town called Swan River, seems he was called in on an apartment fire, the the company arrived, the manager of the building told him that the apartment with the fire had a puppy in it. The Fireman put his oxygen mask on and went in the burning building, searching for the pup to no avail. Finally he quickly thought (as time was running out) if his own dog were trapped in a fire where would she hide. He checked the bathroom, the people had locked the puppy in there while they were at work. The little baby was in distress, it had vomited all over, he scooped her up, ran outside with her. He then put his oxygen mask on her and they used the ambulance to rush the puppy to the vets. Due to the quick thinking, disregard for his own saftey and a truly big heart, the little one is fine and will have no permenet damage. Love those firemen.
Hope this little story lifts your hearts, like it did mine. :lol: :lol:

A similar incident happened just recently to a coworker of my sister. She and her husband have three little Yorkies, spoiled beyond belief. Just by the merest chance on this particular day her co-worker had her mother come to the house to watch her 3 yr old son instead of sending him to his sitter - He had a bad case of the sniffles.

In the afternoon, her mother saw smoke coming curling out from underneath the basement door. She felt the door and since it was hot she realized there must be a fire in the family room downstairs. She grabbed her grandson and headed to the neighbors to call for help. In her rush she didn't think about the Yorkies!

The father was out of town on a business trip, and by the time her co-worker arrived all the emergency services were there. Once she saw her son was there, she asked about her dogs. Evidently the firemen had found two of them and didn't realize there was a third. "Would you please find my other boy?" she pleaded with one of the fireman. "I know he will be under the bed in the master bedroom because that is where he always hides!" One fireman stepped forward and said, "I've got a little Yorkie myself. I'll go back in and get him." And sure enough, he put on all his breathing gear, went back in, and rescued the pup from under the bed! He then performed CPR on the little guy-saving his life!

The fireman was on our local news! He said, "I just did what I knew was right to do!" She was so relieved and happy. They figure something happened that caused a major surge in their electrical service. Every electric outlet in the house had flash burns coming out. It will be 8 months before they can live in their house again, but everyone is safe!

Great things DO happen!

It's tomorrow - Isaid I was gonna do it , and I did....\

Dear Cookeville;

SOME OF US THINK DOGS ARE MORE THAN JUST ORNAMENTS, OR TRAILER TRASH;
SOME OF US ***LOVE** THEM...YOUR POLICE DIDNT TAKE THAT INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN THEY KILLED PATTON - THEY WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN FOR THE HORRIBLE THING THEY DID. NONE OF US WILL EVER COME TO YOUR TOWN. aND **NONE** OF US WILL EVER STOP TELLING EVERYONE THAT **YOUR TOWN** IS A PLACE WHERE **DOGS** ARE AT RISK FOR THEIR LIVES!!!! NOT ONLY WILL IT NEVER BE FORGOTTEN., IT WILL NEVER
BE ***FORGIVEN*** UNTIL HALL IS IN JAIL,!!!!!
WHAT HE DID IS UNFORGIVABLE, and I dont care WHO in your police, government , or othewise
SAYS otherwise... bottom line, F*** you and youe police dept and your local govt!!!

I have made a great attempt to tell EVERYONE I know about this - your tourism is going to suffer, believe ME!! and YOU deserve EVERY MINUTE OF IT. You defended these BAST****...

These firemen know the love that people have for their dogs
knpw the bond that exists
know that dogs feel. love and give their all

your HALL is an idiot...I'm not surprised he cant bond with a dog - your average dog would consider him not worthy of his time..