Dogomania

Submissive Urination

eggrolyn1223

Guest Anonymous

Your vets right!

I had the same thing with Abby. I was told that she would grow out of it by the age of 9 months or so and he was right, she did but I had to help with some changes, for instance asking my visitors to ignore her when first coming into the home. It's frustrating and can be embrassing but don't discipline her for it, she honestly doesn't even know she's doing it.

Have a look here [url]http://www.clickandtreat.com/webart105.htm[/url]

Most of the people that come over are my friends...and only one actually likes Duck..the others were like, get your dog away from me!! :evil: If they are not going to tolerate a calm dog lying under the table, they are not coming to my house!!I got really mad at one of them, cuz she was like, CAROLYN, out Duck in her crate, NOW!Like she can tell me to do whatever she wants. :x I told her to shut up and locked her(not Duck) out of the living room.. :roll: And she was also the one that got mad at the stray dog when he followed us everywhere..we went shopping and he just followed us in, and she told me not to pet anymore strays...She is NOT my friend anymore.Anyone who does not respect dogs will not be my friend.EVER. :bad-words:
Ok, back to the subject.She peed all over the examination table at the vets..I never do anything to her..and I tell my dad not to pet her right away when he comes home..*sigh*...she'll need a long time to outgrow it.. :roll:

Is she very submissive in other ways? Like overly calm, or nervous at loud noises? Tail tucked, that soet of thing?

Your vet could be right on track. This is a symptom of an overly submissive dog. Do you have more than one, and is she at the bottom of
the pack?

There is training you can do to correct it, but you have to be careful.

You can play tug toy with her, and let her win a few rounds.At the end of the game, take the toy away and put it up, and use it onyl for these training
session. If she wins a few rounds, she will become more confident,
and more dominant. But that's the catch. When she has stopped
urinting submissively, tone her back down. You dont want an overly
dominant dog on your hands either. She just needs to feel a little
more confident.

As far as your "friend"....I wouldnt put up with it either. You dont like my dogs, we can meet somewhere else, or not at all. I have a friend who's
husband is afraid of dogs (childhood experience) and wont let her have one. We are working on him using Alex, because he's so gentle and laid back he's almost comatose....lol - he likes Alex because he sits very
quietly and lets him pet him. And Alex has "those eyes" - the ones that dogs use when they want something - so sad, oh PLEASE pay attention to me....LOL You can see them in the avatar.

Good luck with your pup! A little more confidence is all she needs!

Guest Anonymous

Not that I'm aware of, it's just one of those things that happens with some and not others with all breeds.

I've PM you a bit more on the breed.