Dogomania

Rott N Pit LOOK HERE.

Black GSD

So are you still going to name your new boy Tres? Do you have any new pictures of him? Also, just curious how many you have now (and what breeds) and how they get along. I thought you said something in another post about your boys being in the house. Can they be loose in the house (with supervision) together or do they have to be crated or kept in seperate rooms. :)

TO ALL:
This is NOT going to turn into a bashing session. This is just friendly conversation. So PLEASE, if you can't say something nice, SIT ON YOUR FINGERS! Thank You.

Tracy

Guest Anonymous

As far as at home right now its just me and Daz, My parent have opted for Adonnis as the replacement for Their male that passed. Adonnis or Andy as we call him was a doberman pinscher, Odyssisus or Daz is a rottie. as far as alone in the house yes they were great together. Now Its just me and daz so Now we got another friend crate training is big in the house. But Daz and Andi never had any porblems being together but i never let them get to rough with supervision so it was never really something they could do without. I personally dont chain my boys. but dont knock those that do. As far as the pup goes I will post like mad when he arrives.

And Daz LOVES puppies i had to drag him away from my friends little Dobies. He loves to let them climb on him is is soo cute to watch.

Guest Anonymous

Hobbit,

I think I remember him asking about transporting via auto instead of plane.

I don't like shipping pets via air, but I can't knock it. Both of mine were flown in from WA to IA.

Guest Anonymous

Given the weather her i almost wis i could go pick him up, in fact i was actually thinking about renting a car and riding to FL and just take a week off and then having so time to spend just one on one while he adjusts. But i dont know if i want to drive that far, and I DONT FLY. :flop:
Even still i am going to take the time off when he gets here, it gives me an excuse to take a vacation, I am an expecting parent.:black:

Guest Anonymous

I will post, She has told me his rust color is really starting to show through the blue. I am really developing a thing for Tri colors now, but they are really hard to find pic of.

I think you are very wise not to fly your dog. I have heard so many bad things...and not just talk and rumors...check it out at the ASPCA web-site.

I do rescue work and rescued a pathetic looking pup...we thought he might die...due to starvation.

He looks exactly like a long-haired rottie with a tail. I did research and found out that there are long-haired rotties...but not desirable as it is a sign of too much in-breeding.

Question,,,do rotties come with a bobbed tail or are they clipped?

Guest Anonymous

Actually rotties have LONG tails when thay are born and there are some contries that keep em that way. Usually they are docked at the 3 or 4th vertebrae.

[quote=ROTT'N'PIT]Actually rotties have LONG tails when thay are born and there are some contries that keep em that way. Usually they are docked at the 3 or 4th vertebrae.[/quote]

Here is a question for you.

I saw somewhere that in Germany they are no longer supposed to dock tails on Giant Schnauzers. Is this true for ALL breds including Dobes and Rotts? (I would imagine that it is ALL breeds, but you never know.) I haven't seen any Dobes or Rotts that are young imports. (As in born after this rule.)

[quote="Black GSD
Here is a question for you.

I saw somewhere that in Germany they are no longer supposed to dock tails on Giant Schnauzers. Is this true for ALL breds including Dobes and Rotts? (I would imagine that it is ALL breeds, but you never know.) I haven't seen any Dobes or Rotts that are young imports. (As in born after this rule.)[/quote]

In Germany, England and many of the European countries it is now against the law to crop ears and dock tails of any breed.

Thanks Nancy! I thought of you too when I was posting this question. Glad you saw it. Like I said,I figured it was for all breeds. Sure did look different to see the Giant Schnauzer with a long tail and natural ears. (Of course I have seen them with natural ears before but never a natural tail.) I HAVE seen a natural eared and tailed Dobe though. Sure did look different. No offense but it reminded me of a slight built B+T Coonhound. :D

Here is a question for YOU:
Do you think that you would have ended up a "Dobe Person" if they had always been natural eared and tailed? I mean lets face it. Usually one of the things that draws folks to "their" breed in the first place is the looks. (I am NOT saying that is the only thing.)

[quote name='Black GSD'] Here is a question for YOU:
Do you think that you would have ended up a "Dobe Person" if they had always been natural eared and tailed? I mean lets face it. Usually one of the things that draws folks to "their" breed in the first place is the looks. (I am NOT saying that is the only thing.)[/quote]

Yes, I would have wound up a Dobe person anyway. I prefer the cropped/docked look but, the ears and tail are a very small part of what I love about Dobermans! :)