Dogomania

Tear stains!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi there,
I have a 3 month old shih tsu named Molly. When I first brought her home her tear stains were so bad that it looked as if she had lipstick between her eyes. Since then I've been washing her face in warm water every morning. They have gotten a little better but I'm still not happy with the way they look. If anyone has any suggestions or knows of any products I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!! :smilecolros: :angel:

• 1 month later...

8) I have a white Jack Russell and her right eye gets the bad tear stains.
I have tried something called Diamond Eye and it really doesn't work that great, and it smells real mentholey.. :x

I wonder if that Dr. Foster and Smith stuff really works ?? :-?

If anybody out there has any good remedy's let us know.

Everybody always says " What's wrong with her eye ??" :evil:

Debbie

Guest Anonymous

Best way is usually to prevent them before it happens I think... I also saw this grooming thing, and you can cut them away (if your good at it) and they have long fur. I usually wipe Hazel's eyes about three times a day! So she's always got nice clean eyes! :D

• 3 months later...

I have a Maltese and have been using a mixture or equal parts of milk of magnesia, peroxide and corn starch. I usually mix about 1 tsp. of each in a bowl and paint it on with a flat paint brush (about 1/4 wide) at bedtime the night before I bathe him. Next morning I shampoo him and have found this works best on my malt. I have also tried swithching his drinking water to distilled water, giving him tums to change the ph in his tears and collirium eye drops( I know thats not spelled right),tear clear, show eyes etc. the recipe, tums and distilled water seem to be favored by a lot of malt people. Have also heard a lot mentioned about using missing link and also stay away from food or treats with red dye. I stay away from the red dye but haven't tried missing link. If you try the recipe don't get in your pupster's eyes. I found the recipe on a show/breeder/handlers web site and have also seen it on Maltese Only's web site. Good luck

I've been using a little 3% hydrogen peroxide with Macy and have been having some success. There's also a product you can buy at [url]www.eyeenvy.com[/url] that some Maltese breeders like; I have it and didn't have a lot of success, though.