Dogomania

Duck is getting smaller..

eggrolyn1223

yellowlabs-She's a Lab.But sometimes I wonder if she somehow got some Golden in her.Her hair is longer than most Labs...and yellower than most.All the other Labs I've seen here are white-cream. :-?
Hobbit-I don't think she's on a deworming program.Is it supposed to be done by vets or some kind of preventative medicine I could give by myself? :oops: Our vet doesn't usually tell us about stuff...he didn't tell us to give her Heartworm preventative...like our old vet in US did.Could you give me more info on deworming? :oops:

[quote name='eggrolyn1223']yellowlabs-She's a Lab.But sometimes I wonder if she somehow got some Golden in her.Her hair is longer than most Labs...and yellower than most.All the other Labs I've seen here are white-cream. :-?
Hobbit-I don't think she's on a deworming program.Is it supposed to be done by vets or some kind of preventative medicine I could give by myself? :oops: Our vet doesn't usually tell us about stuff...he didn't tell us to give her Heartworm preventative...like our old vet in US did.Could you give me more info on deworming? :oops:[/quote]

She is at the age where she should be on a heartworm preventative. The brand you use is up to you and your vet. Heartguard is Ivermectin (keep in mind that this drug has ONLY been approved for cattle, NOT small animals...but is still used); Interceptor is Milbemycin; Sentenial (sp) is Milbemycin and something for fleas (can't think of the name right off hand).

If she is on one (a heartworm preventative) that also deworms for Hook, Round and/or Whip worms, then you don't have to use anything else. Unless, she goes somewhere where there is an infestion of worms, then I'd say to deworm her 2 wks after the heartworm pill.