Dogomania

Yeast infection in ear

Guest Anonymous

I think you'll find this informative. Take alook.
[url]http://www.extendedyears.com/homeopathy/messages/1132.html[/url]

Otherwise do a general search on "dog ear yeast infection".
There is alot of information. Sorry to hear you have a pup with it. So tough to get rid of it and persistant.
Good luck and keep me posted on progress.

Yellow in answer to your question-

You will usually see all types of ear infections in the floppy long eared breeds. Usually caused by moisture and dirt trapped inside. I personally recommend cleaning your dogs ears at least once every 2 weeks.
Ear infections can also come after a bout with ear mites. Ear infections are painful horrible things. The dog will scratch himself raw trying to decrease the burning. The yeast infection (like in people) is the worst. Very tough to get rid of.
Hope this helps.

Guest Anonymous

Yeast infections in the ears can be caused by any number of things but mostly because of moist ears, in which case the vet will give you a cleaning solution to be used approximately twice a day and drying the ear as best you can with cotton balls, followe by prescription ear drops. It will usually clear up in a day or two, but if it is allergy related, it can come back often be it inhalant allergies or food allergies.

Goliath recently got over a yeast infection in his ear. It was a long battle actually - took almost a month to finally clear up his ear completely because he ended up with a bacterial infection too (poor baby). What ended up working for up was a 3 day treatment of prednisone and something called Ottomax Ointment.

What is odd about the whole thing is that we faithfully clean Goliath's ears at leas once a week.

Go figure.

James and Goliath

Charlie as ear infections quite often, the breed is prone to this condition because the ears hang. I clean them with a Saline Solution prescribed by my vet (this softens the wax) twice every other day. I put a little just inside his ear then wrap a piece of cotton wool round a cotton bud so that its easier to clean just inside the ear-canal....i gently clean and lift the wax out....then i squeeze some Otomax Ear Drops along the ear lobe then massage it in well!