Dogomania

Treats for Every thing?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Okay so Ive seen training a dog with treats is a good idea.. I went up to Petsmart and got a bag of goodies, and Im going to start working with Isabelle and training her to sit and be calm and no barking yada yada.. But I don't know how many treats to give her.. I mean there attention span has to go away at some point in time right?

Also.. If they start doing tricks and they get treatas arn't they going to expect it everytime?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Scooter doesn't like his food very much right now (or maybe he does-who knows?), so instead of giving him treats, and hand him a piece of his food-it's working so far (he likes his food better, and his training is becoming better.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I just have one suggestion to all of the other great posts, start with a treat, yes that is fine, but do the command many time about 4-5 before giving her the reward, this way, you are teaching her that the treat is a subsequent reward to your praise, because that is what you want her to learn off of, your praise not the treat. :angel:
The more tricks she learns, or commands, the more you do before finally rewarding her with a treat, while in between always give verbal and physical praise. :wink: