Dogomania

GREAT DANE OWNERS OUT THERE?

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='nadooshkinz']A friend of mine has a great dane called Cheetah, SHE IS HUGE!!!!
Its interesting though, yesterday at the shelter I saw two puppies that were a Great Dane and something else mix, they wer adorable! They looked like Mini versions of my Cheetah![/quote]

Oh, I remember! :cry:

They where so shy, the poor babies, brought in from the puppy mill no doubt! :evil:

Mine is somehow both smart and well...not so smart at the same time. Sometimes he'll amaze me with something brilliant, and then turn around, stick his head in a bucket and run through the fence! (said bucket is no longer around LOL)

Gotta love 'em though!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Malachai is now 3 yrs old... and the thought of life without him panics me. I have had many dogs throughout my lifetime and it maybe totally circumstantial (not knocking any other breeds here) :nono: ... but none have been as sensitive and emotionally close as this boy. Its undescribable !! And until he became a part of our family, I wouldnt have ever believed it.

Every day is a joy with him in our life. 8 years... 10 years.... or god-forbid, even 5 years.... he will be loved dearly regardless.

[img]http://community.webshots.com/s/image1/7/96/11/37779611JpzkPp_ph.jpg[/img][/url]

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous

[color=blue][/color] I have 2 great danes that I have adopted. One female, mantle pic below and one male, brindle. Female is Justice 10 years old. I have had her for 6 years. Male is King 2 years old. I have had him for 1 year. I suggest adopting an adult Dane as there are so many out there that need a home. Go to petfinder.com and look up great dane. I volunteer for a Great Dane rescue called Great Dane Rescue, Inc. In regards to bloat, to my knowledge, there has been no determined reason for the cause or no determined plan to make sure it doesn't happen. I just know that I wet my dogs food and let it sit until the water is all soaked up, I do not allow them ANY exercise, i.e., running of ANY sort or playing they are to lay still or sleep, I make sure this is for an hour before feeding and 2 hours after feeding. So far I have had no problems. Good luck and if you need more help, I'd be glad to help. E-mail me at [email][email protected][/email]. Sorry couldn't get the pics to copy.

• 2 weeks later...