Dogomania

The Top Ten OR The Perfect Breed

The Top Ten
Or the Perfect Breed

This list is taken from A and E's Top Ten List "Top Ten Dogs For the Family". They are listed in alphabetical order.
Beagle
Bichon Frise
Border Collie
Boston Terrier
Boxer
Cocker Spaniel
German Shepherd
Golden Retriever
Labrador Retriever
Poodle

This was taken from this website.....[url]http://www.virtualimpax.com/klhh/2900.htm[/url]

Guest Anonymous

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! I HAVE TOLD SO MANY PEOPLE THAT BEAGLES ARE A GREAT PET!!! TAHNK YOU GIZ FOR POSTING THAT!!! AND SOME PEOPLE HAD THE NERVE TO TELL ME THAT YOU CAN'T TRAIN A BEAGLE! WELL THATS TRUE... CONDERSITING HOW "AWFUL" I DID WITH MY BEAGLE AT THE DOG SHOW!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! HAPPY BEAGLE88! :D :D :D :D :D :D :P :P :P :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :) :) :) :) :) :)

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='K']That'll please Beagle88 huh?(and Fred) :D[/quote]

Fredzie is arrrhhhhooooooing for joy! Guess what! Update I am being really good for my mom: doing jobs with only being ask once, not being rude... :-? ext ext and we are letting my dogs in for a few hours every day! They have this sheet that they can lay on and that only and they love it in this nice cool, air conditionered house! I am one very very happy beagle88!! So I'm hoping it will keep up great!

Guest Anonymous

I already do EVERYTHING that involves dogs.. they are my responsibilty.. and I wash the patio because I hate for my dogs to lay in a not clean area :roll: But I will do extras soooo maybe this winter I could just move them in!!

Guest Anonymous

hehhehhee after i saw beagles i KNEW beagle88 was gonna be REALLY happy
hm but i guess the people of other breeds that are not listed are now all thinkin why isnt OUR dog's breed there? They are the BEST DOGS!!lol :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Oh gosh life is great right now! It was sooo hot today and my dogs were outside nearly sick from the heat and I ask my mom if I could let the dogs in downstairs in the laundry room while I was reading a magnizne or something and she said yes!!! Its really cold in the laundry room anyways because its downstairs, so my dogs got to sleep off the heat! I'm so happy that they get to come in more and more now! :D

Yay for Beagle!!! Keep up the good work girl, I did and it worked for me!!! :D
Yorkie, notice most of the breeds were medium to large breeds? It didn't specify what size poodle it meant, but I'm assuming it meant standard poodle.
Large dogs are often better 'family' pet as they aren't so susseptible to feeling the pain of childrens touchy grabby hands!!!
Oh, and Gizmo, don't worry, I'm sure you know deep in your heart that Pits would be right at the very second top of the list if it werent for those numbskull owners who tend to flock towards them!!! (second only to the Boxers... hehehe, and equal to Beagles!!!) :lol:

I have a breed of dog or a dog because i wont it not because its in the top 10 breeds.
i think every one should think about what breed of dog they wont before they but it, not look at the top 10 breeds. sorry if this seems to have upset me, but i think all dogs should be loved and looked after no matter were they come in some list :evil:

I don't think this is a matter of us looking at the top ten and getting that breed, we have all made our individual decisions and picked the breed we thought best suited to our lifestyle and that we connected with. It is quite obvious that we all love our dogs, not because they are the top ten but because they are our dogs and we love them!!! Of course we are proud that the breed we own is considered great by other people!!!
Every one wants different things from their dog, and all dogs are suited to different people. This list is probably simply made up of an evaluation of what dogs are best suited to the 'typical' family, not a list of dogs that you should buy because they are considered perfect!!!

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='Mei-Mei']
Sure, every dog should be cared for and loved. But imagine how helpful this list could be to a young family with small children? A Golden Retriever would probably fit into their lifestyle much better than perhaps an Afghan Hound. Then the dog and its people would be happier! :D[/quote]

Yeah but a Bichon Frise? pushed as an 'easy to housebreak breed' in many references but in reality is extremely hard to housebreak (ask their breed rescue)
Problem with these lists is people presume the dogs within a breed are all alike no matter where they come from - its sadly not true at all.
Do you really think they mean the golden from the pet store will be as good a family pet as the golden from a top flight responsible breeder?
Pet purchasers will think so from a list like this that does not even come close to listing what people really need to know about dog breeds and the differences among them.

Guest Anonymous

Awwww! My next door neighbor has 2 Beagles (Roxy and Jaws) They are the CUTEST dogs!!!...VERY vocal though....lol
My boxer (who I think is the PERFECT dog,BTW <grin>) tries to play with them whenever we run into them on our walk...they promptly put him in his place though...it must be SO funny for passersby to see my BIG, TOUGH <rolls eyes> Boxer boy being chased by a snarling Beagle...too funny :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Oh yeah being a neighbor don't you just love beagles! :lol: They are IMO the best breed. Such personally for a small dog!

EXACTLY Gizmo...you hit it on the head!!! EVERY dog owner SHOULD think their particular breed or breeds are #1....its part of what makes a person a good dog owner....dedication and loyalty to your four legged friend(s)...after all, thats what they give to YOU :D

Guest Anonymous

Exactly. Everyone will think their dog should be #1! I think dalmations are #1, but aparently the people who wrote the list havent met a dalmation! Oh well.

Hiya Smooshie!