Dogomania

Anyone ever use a doggie litter box?

JackieMaya

My friend, Dawn, is thinking of teaching Red (her 13-pound Shitzu/Pug boy) to use a litter box. She usually has normal hours, but at the end of every month, she oftentimes works 10+ hours, and doesn't want to make him have to try to hold it that long.

Has anyone ever used a litter box for their small dogs? I've seen lots of stuff on the internet about training dogs to use litter boxes, and they make litter boxes specifically for dogs.

My daughter is using a dog litterbox for her pug. They got the pup about 8 weeks after they had a baby, and with a newborn, my daughter wasn't comfortable with the idea of taking the puppy out every few hours to train it, so they opted to use a litterbox. They've had great success with it, but then again they've done this from the beginning. I'm not too sure how an older dog would take to it, especially since it's been trained NOT to go in the house.

Guest Anonymous

[quote name='StarGaze']Teddy (the one in the pic), a dog that we took in and tried to help used a litter box. I doubt he was taught...I think he just saw the cat using it and figured that's 'the place'. He couldn't fit inside it, so he's just turn around and keep the rear part in or stand to the side of it.[/quote]

I had a puppy that I bottle fed do that! I kid you not...the dog was a mess and of the many quirks was that he used the cats litter box!

He was a funny funny boy who has grown up to be a funny funny dog.