Dogomania

Some people!

I had Kes at the park this afternoon for a wee bit of training. I'm practicing stays with distractions at the moment like dogs, screaming kids, footballs, cats etc so I am using a tie out stake like this one below so if she does break the stay to see another dog she will be reminded that she can't move far.

I seen a crowd of the doggy brigade coming (old people and their equally ancient dogs) and snapped up the opportunity for practice. I got my stake out of my bag and a wee old woman stops and tells me i'm awful wicked and cruel to use that on a wee puppy:o . Did she think i was going to beat her with it or stab her? I was just dumbstruck! Unfortunately she was right beside the gate and disappeared through it so I didn't even get the chance to explain what its for, but I will certainly be on the lookout so I can educate her!
:roll:

[img]http://doityourself.com/ori/200x200/6409973.jpg[/img]

yes that's always fun -- to have someone who has absolutely no idea what they are talking about come up and put in their 2 cents. i think at that moment kat you should have held your tieout above your head and chased the lady haha. i am rotten i know :evilbat:

once at the vet i was waiting, with aspen in a sit stay at my side, to pay and this lady comes up and says those are such mean dogs aren't they? then she just walked out. wtf? at those times i like to throw in a "KILL" or "ATTACK" neither of which mean anything to my dogs haha. maybe i could teach them that "KILL" means to pee on someone's shoe, now that would be a riot!