Dogomania

Lhasa Apso

Dzidtka_Gl

I am Anna Dzidt and live in the south part of Poland ( not far from Polish-Czech border ). I have been really fascinated in lhasas since almost 3 years. It happened at one show where by unexpectedly I handled a bitch, called Ch.PL,PL Jr Ch. SILVER GHOST Sylena FCI, today her daughter lives with me, Jr PL Ch., Jr Club Winner UNIQUE GIRL Azurowa Amhara ( aka Boogi ) and since November 2003 also Orlane's American Made ( aka DJ ) lives together with me. It is a pleasure to have a dog like that, he has not only perfect character but he is also beuatiful! Till now he is Polish Champion, Ukraine Champion, Junior Polish Champion, Jr Polish Club Winner + Best Junior, Junior Czech Club Winner + BOB , 3 x BOG, 2 x BOG II and recently he also became European Junior Winner Barcelona 2004 :)

and I have 2 lhasa from France
Very Versace`s American Beauty z Czanca (girl)
Very Versace`s Version Originale z Czanca (boy)

more in my website :)

puppy DJ + Boogi

[img]http://foto.onet.pl/upload/2/38/_390326_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://foto.onet.pl/upload/25/96/_390328_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://foto.onet.pl/upload/11/32/_393238_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://foto.onet.pl/upload/9/23/_416454_n.jpg[/img]

Hi there!! I replied in your 'Pictures' thread.

But my parents have always had Lhasas. I just love them! Very partial to the breed.

Not many people understand them, for they are a VERY different kind of dog. They are NOTHING like their cousin, the Shih Tzu, that's for sure! If someone wants a cuddly, flat nosed dog, then get a Shih Tzu, not a Lhasa!!!

I used to do obedience with ours and she excelled at it. She basically ruined me for any other dog, that's how fast she caught on. We were doing off lead heel work in about a months time. She was amazing at it. My parents still have her. Her name is Shasta and she's 8 years old. She is a beautiful red brindle. Very pretty girl! We keep her in a puppy cut since she is not shown. She is at the groomers every 6 weeks and our groomer LOVES her. Said she is the best Lhasa she has ever groomed. She is very well behaved at the groomers.

Thanks for showing pics of yours! They are so beautiful!!!

Lhasas are my favorite small breed. I LOVE your Lhasa babies! I have three of the little critters right now, definitely not show worthy (probably about as poorly bred as a Lhasa can get, but I adore them, anyway).

I agree with ObedienceGrrl about people not understanding Lhasas. So many people think they're like Shih Tzus and they're just not. The independence and sometimes aloof nature is what I love about them. They aren't overtly clingy or in-your-face, so to speak. Love these little guys!

Here are mine. A couple of them are shown coated, but they are all buzzed down short now. Just no time to keep up the coats, though I love a fully coated Lhasa. :oops:

Missy
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XQCfAq0eRt4EC!izW5p9mWZ8v*F8I!pJ6IUaOE*GiipVu7RhniHyI2D7v5LjJpZQqh4XYV37uxUE*4CGUwJDylxdacd12eyEwCpa0buB5cvYiruwIu5uIuAbBq*yN5jIOs!svcKQV4c/Missyagain.jpg?dc=4675379075352103430[/img]

Devin & Fred
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0ZgCfAoEgCKPiOyp9pjSpqE9BR!nI8dTxlz5WKL1X2HvNGFDI1FYdJNc8KdDOt9kl6cyhBXqe0N37x8lAkFKebvfg2Y4jWMN6qNhhjZuh*w6PxhdfImN5VSq0H3hQIs0*a*Rp2WHAQfNPTSHQ9Y1*GA/Fred%20and%20Devin.jpg?dc=4675472358277631398[/img]

OG, don't you want a Lhasa of your very own? I have a sweet five year old spayed female that I've been trying to get placed or in a foster home for about a month. I can't take anymore longterm fosters, and certainly can't adopt anymore, but this is the sweetest little dog. The rescues I network with are all full.

The lady that has her basically wanted a Shih Tzu, I believe. Sweet lady, but is one of those owners that doesn't quite understand Lhasas and doesn't know how to deal with Sophie's "stubbornness."

Not really trying to dump her off on you. I just happened to think about her since the subject of Lhasas came up, and it was mentioned how some people just don't "get" them. It's also how I came to own little Devin... talk about misunderstood. :roll:

Oh I would love to have a Lhasa. But realistically, it won't happen any time soon. Plus, hubby thinks they are terrible little dogs. He doesn't understand them at all. He thinks Shasta is the biggest bitch, but puts up with her because he knows how much I love her.

My parents brought her down this weekend and here is how things went:

You know my parents come in the door because you hear this strange snarling, almost Ewok like, followed by spastic barking. Then, you hear lots of running. When you finally see what is causing all the noise, you see a 17 pound Lhasa HANGING off of 130 pound GSD.

Every time a dog moves around her, she growls. But she LOVES the cats. She seeks them out to play with. She actucally did end up playing with PoGo on the last day.

And I thought you only had two Lhasas. Is Missy the one you are talking about? I just knew about Devin and Fred.

Gosh, no, I've had Missy for seven years. I guess she's one of my more "neglected" dogs that doesn't get mentioned much. :oops:

The little Lhasa I'm talking about is named Sophie and belongs to a relatively new client of mine. She is the sweetest dog and gets along great with other dogs (but not cats, go figure). I'm just catching the hardest time getting her into a foster home, but it's that time of year... puppy and kitten season. At least the owner isn't desperate to get rid of her and threatening to take her to the pound, so I have some time to wait for something to come available.

LOL......like your dogs are neglected......they are about as neglected as any of my animals! And we only have seven!!

Have you tried contacting the national Lhasa rescue (I'm sure you have):

[url]www.lhasaapsorescue.org[/url]

Or Shih Tzu and Furbaby Rescue?

[url]www.shihtzuandfurbabyrescue.com[/url]

• 2 years later...